Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Happy New Year

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy New Year

I want to wish everyone a Happy and Safe New Year for 2012. Hard to pass up the weather so far this winter. Hope that we don't pay for the nice weather later on. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year to you too EB.

I am hoping the weather either changes very quickly, or stays like this until March/April.

I am hearing that this winter is very comparable to 1999-2000. Which i remember as very little snow, mild and we had an early spring, that unfortunately was riddled with lots of severe weather. I wouldn't mind an early spring, even if it meant severe weather. But what i don't want is a very late winter that decides to show up in February and last all the way into May. ugh.

Post Thanks / Like

EB,

Happy New Year You been taking advantage of it? I've been an avid ice angler my whole adult life, but the last couple years kinda over did it. 2 years was almost 4 months of it, to much of a good thing IMO. I'm enjoying myself immensely so far this year, the crappies this fall were great and still are, but I've been sacking quite a few eyes also. Even hurting myself on the stripers a few times. I was looking forward to catching some humpy's through the ice, C.c guys got me hooked on them gills. Last week was fabulous, and maybe next month I'll let out a few fish stories, but I'm totally enjoying myself being a loner right now. I've got a couple buddies there in Neb now and I'm going to be visiting your state some this year. Things are really looking good for you guys, enjoy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

From what i have seen with the local lakes around Omaha, the ice is not think enough. Most lakes aren't fully frozen. I have heard that from Grand Island westward, the ice is much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver Lake is open except for some slush in the coves. They have raised the price of the State Park Stickers this year and are to affix them on the Drivers side of the windshield now. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year to you too! Who needs ice anyway and I hope for a early spring and bring on the severe weather. We been hammering the eyes along with some smallies, big whites, crappies, and oh yes...........STRIPERS this winter. Hope the fishing stays good and maybe a early spring storm chase!
    HuskerLand is the name, custom jigs are the game!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that you are on em. I would love to be able to be on the lake this past few days with the temps in the high 50's and low 60's. I was down to the lake earlier in the week and it was all open water and not a boat was out on it. Good fishing to ya! EB