Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Rod for Fishing around Brush

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Rod for Fishing around Brush

Hey everybody, I'm trying to get some suggestions before I buy a new Crappie Rod. The characteristics I'm trying to find is a 8 to 10 foot rod that can be ised to jig around structure. I want it to be light weight but not flimsy like an ultra lite. I thought about getting a Quatum Xtralite Crappie XP, but Cabelas has discontinued them. Let me know what rod you prefer. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Todd Huckabee's Quantum rods were the best rods I've ever had. I absolutely love my 8'ers. You might still be able to find one at Cabelas. I heard about the Sam Heaton super sensitive rods and tried one at BPS the other day. I liked the feel of the 9'er. It's not a buggy whip rod, I won't buy one if it is. I think it's made by BnM,

Post Thanks / Like

PM Crappie George here on the OK board...he has some great rods that work well for brush.

Also :Crappie Rods, Crappie Jigs, Catfish Rod, Catfish Rods, Fishing Rods

I have both in my arsenal and I like them.

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Huckabee's Quantums are good but Lip Rippers slab stick is the cats meow in my book. I fished it all day recently on Kaw and never tired. I picked up my 10' Quantum Huckabee and it felt like picking up a concrete block. It was heavy in comparison. Sensitivity I felt was better in the slab stick too. I sure wish Lip Rippers would make some more rods, he was the best rod builder I have known.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

WM signature series in 8-9-10 ft have worked real well for me. Light enough and plenty of backbone. My SA heston seems a little light inthetip for a brush rod but does have some backbone but it is 11ft.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all of the feedback! FYI - If you did want one of the Todd Huckabee Quantum Crappie XP rods, I contacted the customer service department at Cabelas, and they stated that the rods have been discontinued. They will no longer stock them. If you know of another place to get them, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

We have some of the Quantum XP Todd Huckabee Signature Series rods available. The model number is XPM102MH. It's the "Meat Dragger" rod. We have several, new in the package. $80 each. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.