Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: color selectors

Post Thanks / Like

Default color selectors

how many of u guys use them? and do they work? i was thinking about getting 1 and was wondering if it was worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the K.I.S.S. System. Shad, chartruse, black/blue, black/pink. I really think location is the key.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one that I used to use green carp fishin. I found time it helped me. The thing it tought me to pay the most attention to was contrasting colors and how they can help trigger a strike. Have not really used it since I started Crappie fishing but have thought I need to throw in boat and try it. I think if you used on for a while it would help especially makin decisions on colorers in certain types and color of water and how 2 different colors as a combo can work together to get more bites. Hope this makes sense.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Easier just use light colors for clear water (blue, silver, white) darker colors for off color water (black, purple, pink,chartruse). Other than that colors more to catch fishermen than they are to catch fish. IMO ,save your money for jigs, fuel, or better equipment. I use unpainted heads on my jigs exposed or not. I had a buddy who was a lure maker that used unpainted heads on his spinnerbaits. Always painted a multitude of colors on the ones he sold. Said it was to catch fishermen and not the fish.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

What Nimrod said. I used on in the 70's and wasn't impressed. Save your money.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Far more important to your success is depth and speed control. Of course you have to be fishing a structure that you know has fish, so I guess location would be first. Color is the least of your worries. I usually play with color once I'm on a good bite and it suddenly dies. Then switching colors can make a difference in getting you a few more bites on that location. But color is not something I worry much about.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i dont think i am getting 1 anywho messed with a buddys once adn its not worth it if tehy dont bite a black/char blue/char yellow/white or a minnow it aint worth it

Post Thanks / Like

i used one every time i went fishing for a year just to see if they were accurate only one time in that year they bit the color it showed . needless to say i dont use one no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!