Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good days fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default A good days fishing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my first time out since my gall bladder surgery last Wednesday. I was going to my local lake, Lake Monticello and fish the condos I put out last winter, and maybe do some bream fishing. Well got to the lake about 8:30 and they had the gates closed with a sign saying fertilizing lake closed until noon. Well since I already had everything we decided to go to Morgan Point lake on the Arkansas River. We got there and started fishing about 10:00 am. My brother and I Caught these crappie and several large white bass by 3:00 pm. We had a great time, we caught them all using our favorite method, casting a Road Runner and slow retreiving over stucture. We were fishing 10ft. water about 5 ft. deep. We used a 1/16th oz. chartruse road runner with a metal flake blue and chartruse tube. I did a little more fishing than I set out to do, but I sure enjoyed it, after staying home all week reading about everybody fishing on here. Here are some pictures, my grandson came over while we were cleaning them got a pic. of him trying to hold one.

You ready to go Ceb?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice buch of fish you have there! Great Job
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now those are some fine fish. Gotta love those road runners.
    Sponsored by my wallet!!

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure A Good Lookin Mess Of Fish--- Glad You,re Recovering From You Operation---take Care
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

CEB doesent know how to cast stumpjumper so he couldnt catchem on a road runner. He was born with a jig pole in one hand and a skulling paddle in the other. I guess I will just have to take his place on the next trip Ha.

I cant belive how well you are doing after the gal bladder surgery and I sure am glad for you. You know that in Hong Kong a bear gal bladder sells for thousands of dollars. What did you get for yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gooch
    CEB doesent know how to cast stumpjumper so he couldnt catchem on a road runner. He was born with a jig pole in one hand and a skulling paddle in the other. I guess I will just have to take his place on the next trip Ha.

I cant belive how well you are doing after the gal bladder surgery and I sure am glad for you. You know that in Hong Kong a bear gal bladder sells for thousands of dollars. What did you get for yours?
    I got rooked I paid them more than that to take it out.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jerry:

Good to see you back on the water and puttin the hurt on some good ole Arkansas slabs! Way to go!!!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good bunch of crappie, good job. Glad you are feeling better.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Gooch - I'm not too old to be taught a few new tricks....I'd probably just look like a dam fool while trying to do it......

Jerry -
    Boy, that is one awsome stringer of fish. They all look like they got some shoulders on 'em. Nic pic of your grandson....I think that crappie was so big, that it scared him a little. I'm ready whenever you are, just let me know. I got a physical therapist here that says crappie fishing is good for recovering. Take care. BTW...Be sure not to rip a stitch when you pull that big 2lb 'er in!

Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice bunch of fish there. Good going...

Gonefission
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast