Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smithville good fishing and good company

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up smithville good fishing and good company

Went out to Smithville today and had a really good day . Started out at shady hollow at about 8:30 am bite stared slow in the trees but caught a few. moved out to the middle and found a huge ball of shad and fish that were suspended in 27' of water i thought they all were shad but dropped a double jig into them and BAM had a keeper kept this up till akape showed up and visited with him for a while.probably had 18 in the livewell. I headed up the lake to check on some brush piles and found a huge pile of fish on pile outside the swim beach but a lot of them were small also fished around the litton center and caught a few.Headed back to shady hollow and had a cdc get together lol thanks to sow tamer,akape and skeeter 170 for the conversation. It was a great day to be out on the water. best colors were orange and chartreuse , black and pink and black and chartreuse. i have a new secret bait lol called a stb grub in sunrise.caught 80% of my big fish. look micro jigs and spoons up and tell them charlie king sent you .they make great baits that whack em........will report next week..............charlie
    CHARLIE :D]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report bud. Sounds like you had a great day out fishing. Better than mine at work anyways. Hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Good report ! Were they suspended from 10-14' ? We were seeing schools of fish in that depth range on Thursday , but the bite was slow . We caught some deep , but mostly small blacks . We stayed anchored over the brushpiles , but I think the schools were roaming and suspending away from the brush on the drops .

Post Thanks / Like

It was nice talkin to u. I was with skeeter. You can look at the baits he's talking about on the Jig tyeing forum under plastics. I beleive his handle is baitman.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.