Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Help?

How'bout it? My family and I are new to the east orlando area; no boat yet, anyone recommend some shoreline spots to take the kids to tomorrow? I'm looking at using minnows, floats, w/ 10 lbs.

Right now I'm entertaining the idea of exploring the power line road through Tosohatchee that ends at the St. John's river. I've walked some portions of the Econlockhatchee with & without the wife and kids; some beautiful areas, pitching lures and catching a mix of bass & panfish.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jacob, that Econ Park looks mighty nice for some bank fishing, as well as some of the lakes in Orlando. Ya ought to come to the slabfest festivities next Saturday, wife and kids would enjoy it and you could gather a lot of intel there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Welcome Jacob, that Econ Park looks mighty nice for some bank fishing, as well as some of the lakes in Orlando. Ya ought to come to the slabfest festivities next Saturday, wife and kids would enjoy it and you could gather a lot of intel there.
    Unfortunately I gotta punch the clock both days next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

You can always check out the bridges along the St Johns @ SR 46 at the entrance to Harney or Jesup and then also try the crossing at the SR 50 and SR 520 Bridges. The SR 520 bridge has a little place to eat "The Lone Cabbage" and a place you can take air boats rides.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and I forgot to mention. There is a secluded lake inside Tosolahatee in the far south of the park that has plenty of bank fishing. I have never caught any crappie in their but I have never tried too

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cannot help with the fishing spots but just wanted to say welcome from GEORGIA.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Cannot help with the fishing spots but just wanted to say welcome from GEORGIA.
    Thanks Bowman, was just checking out the georgia thread on this site and noticed your name. My family and I spent the last three years in Oahu Hawaii so it is nice to be back on the east coast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckTracker View Post
    Oh and I forgot to mention. There is a secluded lake inside Tosolahatee in the far south of the park that has plenty of bank fishing. I have never caught any crappie in their but I have never tried too
    Hrm; I'm noticing one called t-shirt pond I might be able to guesstimate a way into. Gotta remember to pick up a bait bucket airator on the way home today too. Shoots, off-subject, sorry. I'm also noticing a couple of ponds on either side of this one, but t-shirt seems to be the most secluded in there.

There is a resevoir pond area far south of these three as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are referred to as "bar" pits, comes from the word "borrow" pit = where they grabbed dirt to build the beeline (road).
    I used to live a couple miles south of there down hwy#520, on a little dirt road (paved these days) called "James Creek Road",
    has since been renamed "Hodges" road, after my ex father-in law (died)....
    I used to hunt from the house through the woods to the pond on the west side of "T" shirt pond, strip off my cloths and dive in for a quick refresh,
    exited quickly so the resident gator didn't get me, etc, etc.
    My nephew told me several years ago that all those ponds hold loads of Specks, but, I have never made it over there to fish them yet .......

Oh, and welcome to the forum Jacob ! ! ! ! !

EDIT-> oops !
    Ran my yap before assuring my facts !
    Just went to Google Earth to take a look at the bar pits, to my surprise, "T" shirt pond "IS" the western one ! !
    So, my bad = It was "T" shirt that I swam in, yada, yada, yada ......
    And, if I recall, there is no road to get in there to it other than the disappearing one that comes off the Beeline.......
    Sorry ........
    Last edited by Phantom309; 12-29-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm ! !
    Won't let me edit again........
    Looking closer at "T" shirt, I see a boat in there on the northwest corner, and a road....
    Road runs back southwest to the old James creek rd (actually, way back, it was called Taylor Creek Rd
    and, ran all the way up to present day Taylor Creek Rd before there was a Hwy #520).
    Generally where the road comes out there on Hwy #520 there is always a locked gate.
    I think that particular part of the property is Mormon's property (north of the creek).
    Not sure where the property line is to the east, have to study it further ..........
    Ya got me all fired up now ...........
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast