Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long lineing setups

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long lineing setups

lets hear about how u rig ur longlne poles.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

15lb braid, double swivel, 20 in of 15lb Trilene big game, 2 stand out hooks spaced evenly, 1/2 oz bell sinker.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

kinda just blew my brain. as i just tight line all my life and fish with the ole minner under float can u show a pic set uup?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

rods ranging from 5' to 12' long, all fished out the back of the boat. 6# Hi-vis line, jigs tied on end of line by loop knot. Can also add splitshot, change jig weights, or tie on double jigs all by loop knots. Here's my setup...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks gabowman

Post Thanks / Like

I use 7' rods w/ spinning reels, 6lb hi viz line, usually with 1/8 or 1/16 oz jigs tipped with plastic. Rods are held with a driftmaster 2 rod holder on the front as I only use 2 rods, maybe a 3rd at times, with lines running off each side. May double up on the jigs depending on the situation and mood or use splitshot wgts as needed. I put my rod holder on the front as that's where I sit for the TM. Been thinking of putting some spare/xtra rod holders I have on the back since I have an Ipilot and can control the boat from anywhere now.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Butch that just ain't right, your boat is just too clean, you must not be fishing.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff