HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the Ice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where's the Ice?

Does anyone know if Whitney Point or Long Pond has safe ice yet? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

After last nights wind and rain, I dont think so
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

highly doubtful you'll find any safe ice anywhere in NY yet... lots of days in the 40's, and very few below 30 so far this season. Last year at this time we had 4' snowbanks along the roads, this year... green grass. There are still guys trailering boats around after perch on the finger lakes and some of the Lake Ontario bays.

Right now, I wouldn't plan for any hard water fishing until the second half of January at the earliest. There's a cold front moving in today, but I don't know if it will stick around long enough to make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of guys down here on delmarva want you to get ice too cause the ducks arent down here in force yet. Last year this time we had tons a ducks but I also had ice on some of my crappie spots and that stunk cause our ice dont get thick enough to walk but too thick to fish with a boat thru when it does happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Its finally starting to cool down. The smaller ponds are skimming over.....again.
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    Alot of guys down here on delmarva want you to get ice too cause the ducks arent down here in force yet. Last year this time we had tons a ducks but I also had ice on some of my crappie spots and that stunk cause our ice dont get thick enough to walk but too thick to fish with a boat thru when it does happen.
    We pounded the geese here yesterday. Usually we see some ducks at the spot we were hunting, but saw none yesterday. Big cold front moved in yesterday afternoon and the lake effect snow got going good. I think winter has finally arrived. The ducks might just be headed your way finally. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Havn't heard anything good about those lakes. All good ice is way North, Black Lake and some of the bays in the St. Lawrence. Supposed to go to Black Lake on Wednsday. Pics if we do well.

Post Thanks / Like

Today's weather has me looking for blooms on the dogwood tree in the back yard - feels very spring-like.

Was hunting geese in the snow Sunday, now it's April weather on Wednesday in January.

On the subject of ice - the forecast is for the temps to drop and snow starting tomorrow through the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice in new york 2012?

The ice on long pond is the best in the area right now. Was there the night of the rain storm and there was 3 1/2". Haven't been back since but may check it out today I think it should be ok now. Let u know....wp reservoir is still dangerous. I have seen one person on it . It was about 2" then(before the rain and warm day). I don't recommend going there. O, caught some decent crappies at long pond when I was there...mostly little guys....couple pickerel 2

Post Thanks / Like

Want somewhere different near Syracuse area...where can I find good ice and lots of fish???? (and don't tell me your freezer)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast