Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider rig set-up pics please

Post Thanks / Like

Question Spider rig set-up pics please

I've never trolled for crappie before but am wanting to start. Just got a G3 1548 with a foot control TM. I'd like to see pictures and hear suggestions on mounting a spider rig set up. What brands are good? Where is a good place to buy from? How to mount to keep them out of the way raising and lowering the trolling motor. Thanks, fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a picture of my set up. It is on a bass boat but could be put on any boat I guess. First I added two extra bases for the seats. Then added two more for the rod holder. The uprights are seat poles from walley world. The cross piece is aluminum channel. The rod holder are drift masters. Do a lot of thinking before you drill the first hole.......

2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

That looks good. I'm a big boy so I don't think two would sit side by side well in my boat. I like your trolling set up though. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Memfuzz
    I've never trolled for crappie before but am wanting to start. Just got a G3 1548 with a foot control TM. I'd like to see pictures and hear suggestions on mounting a spider rig set up. What brands are good? Where is a good place to buy from? How to mount to keep them out of the way raising and lowering the trolling motor. Thanks, fuzz

Hey fuzz I'm new to trolling for crappie too,I bought a new G3 1648 this year and I set it up to troll side ways,trolling motor mounts to the side,then I put out 6 rods if I'm by myself(that about all I can watch) and I could put out as many as 12 ,use baitcaster reel so I can count out the amount of line I need,set my speed at about 1.4 on gps and hope I catch some fish. I'm going to try it in the morning If I can rember to take my camera I take a few pictures and post tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine fits over the seat pole. And then sticks toward the front. Then comes up to a 5ft wide piece of 3/4" cold roll steel.
    Everything can be adjusted up and down and side to side.
    I will try to get a few pictures of it this week. That is if I don't fish all day ever day.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted the foot control TM, that kinda prevents me from side pulling. That's the only time I ever got anywhere close to trolling. I was at Tunica with none other than Bill Dance himself and he moved the trolling motor to the side of the boat and away we go. I think I was doing everything he did, but he outfished me about 6 to 1. He is one amazing person, even more so on dry land.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with krazy i used the walley world seat pedestils and put aluminum 1/2" conduit across them.. The star bases that come with the driftmasters wobble to much for me. With the long conduit i can fan them out easier and not get as tangled up when a bowfin comes by for a snack.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a fine job Jeff!
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This what I use. Black Widow Ulta's on the bow and Callshy's holders aft.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey IBNFSHN.....how do you like the holders from Callshy? I ordered a
    couple of them yesterday...I liked the base design better than some of
    the others I looked at.
    West Alabama Crappie Association
    Tenn-Tom Crappie Club

Life is short...Do it now !!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast