Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 4 - bayou report

crappiejerker Guest

Talking 4 - bayou report

well we made it all the way into the pipeline off of your directions perfectly sacalait steve . when we got about 1/2 a mile from the end where the deep water is the water lilly's had taken over the canal . we had to stop there and start fishing back the other way . to get to the bottom of the story ;we didn't even get a bight . the water was flowing out beautifuly and color was perfect . We headed back and picked up and headed to marshfeild landing and fished teche lake canal for a little while and ended up with 4 sacalait ; and 4 bass . not much to celebrate over but better than scratching . I,m looking forward to fowllowing you on friday if the trip is still on . No matter wher ya'll end up deciding where to go . Because a day fishing is better than any day of working . got to go they fixin to turn on . lol

Post Thanks / Like

well crappiejerker you did your work and at least elliminated a spot to go to friday .Yes the trip is still on for Friday ,it is calling for rain though but as long as we are not getting severe weather are lighting I don.t mind the rain.This is the reason for going to crappie.com so you can get reports and give them and start finding fish instead of excuses for not catching. I will get with Deacon and find out a time and post back to you on a location to meet.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    well crappiejerker you did your work and at least elliminated a spot to go to friday .Yes the trip is still on for Friday ,it is calling for rain though but as long as we are not getting severe weather are lighting I don.t mind the rain.This is the reason for going to crappie.com so you can get reports and give them and start finding fish instead of excuses for not catching. I will get with Deacon and find out a time and post back to you on a location to meet.
    Well I just got back from bringing the trolling motor to get fixed. If I go anywhere this Friday I will be thumbing a ride. The motor should be fixed by Thanksgiving.
    I'm trying to figure out how to tell my wife she probably won't see to much of me the weekend after the holiday.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't need a troll motor to fish Doirons landing we basically just motor to the spot and tie up .But the River stage at Butte Larose is dropping and is forecast to go from 9.8 today to 8.6 and still dropping by friday I keep thinking about the 20 I caught a couple weeks ago before the water rose
    and at 8 ft. we should have no problem getting in the canal to the pit. I would rather save Doirons landing for when the weather is colder and try to get a few slabs from sandy cove before the water rises again. Crappie jerker let me know how you feel on this now this is not a gaurantee we will catch at sandy cove but I feel we need to try while the water is still fishable Doirons landing is almost always the same conditions and can be fished later.
    Last edited by sacalait steve; 11-16-2004 at 05:43 PM.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

crappiejerker Guest

Talking sandy cove

sandy cove sounds like an excellent spot to try and catch a few slabs . Deacon I only have a 14 foot with a 25 hp ; but you're more than welcome to fish with my dad and I out of our boat . sacalait steve can you get in the pit through the canal or do you have to put down on the side . what time does it look like for friday ; is this trip rain or shine ; or weather permitting . got to go they fixin to turn on .lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejerker
    sandy cove sounds like an excellent spot to try and catch a few slabs . Deacon I only have a 14 foot with a 25 hp ; but you're more than welcome to fish with my dad and I out of our boat . sacalait steve can you get in the pit through the canal or do you have to put down on the side . what time does it look like for friday ; is this trip rain or shine ; or weather permitting . got to go they fixin to turn on .lol
    Sandy Cove it is. I don't need the trolling motor I brought to the shop. I will fish in my 12 footer and use my portable trolling motor and put down from the side. I'm bringing a rain coat. Unless it is lighting I am going. Do we want to meet in the metropolis of Loreauville, at the landing or the bait shop?
    I will probably bring a few shiners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Don't need a troll motor to fish Doirons landing we basically just motor to the spot and tie up .But the River stage at Butte Larose is dropping and is forecast to go from 9.8 today to 8.6 and still dropping by friday I keep thinking about the 20 I caught a couple weeks ago before the water rose
    and at 8 ft. we should have no problem getting in the canal to the pit. I would rather save Doirons landing for when the weather is colder and try to get a few slabs from sandy cove before the water rises again. Crappie jerker let me know how you feel on this now this is not a gaurantee we will catch at sandy cove but I feel we need to try while the water is still fishable Doirons landing is almost always the same conditions and can be fished later.
    Well, I guess by sacalaitsteve's post one can see who the thinker in the family is.
    Sounds like a plan to me.
    Now I can begin the ritual of messing with the tackle boxes, rods, etc. Boy, I like fishing!