Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What info do you put in fishing log?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What info do you put in fishing log?

I started keeping track of my fishing trips last month. My daughter got me a journal for Christmas to log my trips. What info do yall find to be useful when looking back?

So far Im logging the date, location, method, air temp, water temp, weather conditions, lake level, results, and short note of anything odd or different I noticed. Fishing partners will be added when somebody goes with. Thinking about adding moon phases. What Im I missing?

Post Thanks / Like

I am to lazy I guess as I have never done it. I should have started it 30 years ago. Anyway you want everything in it. What month/day, weather with temps and all other parts like cloudy, Barometer readings with falling or steady to rising, etc, etc. You want where you fished and what you used with time, depth, type of cover your fishing. Just every bit of info you can come up with. Over time it will let you have very good info so you can follow your past success and add new ones.

I bet if you do a search on Google it will give you lots of good info on that.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

If you take time to log stuff ,then you are just wasting fishing time......Life is too short.....just FISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I put in location time on water date weather air water temp wind direction and speed barometer readings ect.. Method fished how many caught how deep they were caught what lures or bait used and who i fished with. All which i consider great info for the future and not a waste of time

Post Thanks / Like

Default log book

For a couple years we kept a hand held tape recorder in the boat. We kept up with what matts we caught fish on and how many & if we caught a big one on any certain matt. Water depth is very important. After doing this for a couple years, I can say it did help us that year. I also discovered every year is different and the pattern is reset.

Post Thanks / Like

May sound funny as I know we are talkin freshwater, but record the tides for Charleston Harbor for that day as well. When I was keeping mine I found more positive things happened around the same tide phases. Which also coincides with the position of the moon and prime feeding times.

Post Thanks / Like

I just take a pic of the fish with the bait I bought it with in the pic then I name the pic date time and temp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rakoprtr View Post
    i just take a pic of the fish with the bait i bought it with in the pic then i name the pic date time and temp
    ok

Post Thanks / Like

Thought about it, then, forgot about it ....
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Barometer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast