PDA

View Full Version : What info do you put in fishing log?

sccamper
12-27-2011, 10:33 AM
I started keeping track of my fishing trips last month. My daughter got me a journal for Christmas to log my trips. What info do yall find to be useful when looking back?

So far Im logging the date, location, method, air temp, water temp, weather conditions, lake level, results, and short note of anything odd or different I noticed. Fishing partners will be added when somebody goes with. Thinking about adding moon phases. What Im I missing?

skiptomylu
12-27-2011, 11:40 AM
I am to lazy I guess as I have never done it. I should have started it 30 years ago. Anyway you want everything in it. What month/day, weather with temps and all other parts like cloudy, Barometer readings with falling or steady to rising, etc, etc. You want where you fished and what you used with time, depth, type of cover your fishing. Just every bit of info you can come up with. Over time it will let you have very good info so you can follow your past success and add new ones.

I bet if you do a search on Google it will give you lots of good info on that.

Skip

BJH
12-27-2011, 12:17 PM
If you take time to log stuff ,then you are just wasting fishing time......Life is too short.....just FISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!:fish

smokercraft
12-27-2011, 01:29 PM
I put in location time on water date weather air water temp wind direction and speed barometer readings ect.. Method fished how many caught how deep they were caught what lures or bait used and who i fished with. All which i consider great info for the future and not a waste of time

sls
12-27-2011, 03:10 PM
For a couple years we kept a hand held tape recorder in the boat. We kept up with what matts we caught fish on and how many & if we caught a big one on any certain matt. Water depth is very important. After doing this for a couple years, I can say it did help us that year. I also discovered every year is different and the pattern is reset.

huntinslabs
12-27-2011, 04:29 PM
May sound funny as I know we are talkin freshwater, but record the tides for Charleston Harbor for that day as well. When I was keeping mine I found more positive things happened around the same tide phases. Which also coincides with the position of the moon and prime feeding times.

Rakoprtr
12-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I just take a pic of the fish with the bait I bought it with in the pic then I name the pic date time and temp

huntinslabs
12-27-2011, 04:33 PM
i just take a pic of the fish with the bait i bought it with in the pic then i name the pic date time and temp

okrotfl:cheers2;)

Phantom309
12-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Thought about it, then, forgot about it ....

filletfetish
12-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Barometer

Hanr3
12-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Weather patterns for the week prior too.
OH, and the most importnat. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.
:cheers2
No sense fishing where the fish aren't, unless all your after is a buzz.