Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mozingo 12/26/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mozingo 12/26/11

Met up with a cousin of mine at the ramp 7:00 with a big suprise. The lake was HARD 1/4-1/2 inch. We went and ate breakfast came back and he decided to wait for another day. I almost decided to follow but had to give it a try when I seen another boat pull in chasing green fish. Broke ice all the way across the lake and opened up a hole to fish waited for ice to clear a little and nuttin. Decided to head back when I got to the dock I thought I would try a brush pile close to the dock and caught 22 small fish in short order. 20-22 fow fish were at 16-18' all came off of orang and chart.

Won't be long and it will be time to get out the shanty.

I guess I should have went to Harrison County, the water over there must not be that hard.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

At least you caught some fish .Never fished Mozingo . I have been wanting to get up there one of these weekends .

Post Thanks / Like

It was kind of funny when you called me while on the water to hear the ice breaking beneath your boat. Hope it didn't do to much damage. That's hard core dedication right there.

Post Thanks / Like

No kidding....glad you got into some, Matt! Well deserved after the effort put in.

Post Thanks / Like

I ran into another fishing buddy of mine who fished mozingo yesterday. He said he was breaking ice much of the day as well. He was in fact chasing the green ones. So maybe you saw him. He's a heckuva nick vietnamese fellow named Jin. I don't know what his boat looks like though, but he's on the bass circuit so I'm assuming it's a pretty heavy duty fiberglass bass boat.

Congratulations on your good fortune, even if they were dinks. The wifey poo and I are heading too the Camp Branch C dock sometime tomorrow and maybe Saturday as well. I'll post after we get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was him. Pretty heavy duty glass boat. I was glad that mine was tin. No damage done as near as I can tell. Took it easy cutting my way through.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Wild story man becareful out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive encountered much thicker ice while duck hunting before. I will have to say it is the most while fishing other than ice fishhing. Just goes to show never let a little obstacle stand in your way.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found some, makes busting through all that ice worth it.
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a heck of a day you and the titanic... glad a few fish cooperated as well, my little pond was crusty with ice yesterday, gone today I bet.... hope stockton is open headed up there later today