Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Google Chrome is fast!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Google Chrome is fast!

Crappie.com has always been one of the slower websites I visit...so naturally it was the first site I tried after installing Google Chrome browser. Now Crappie.com behaves like a fast site. Can't wait to try other sites. I'm haven't tried all the features so I'm not sure that I'll like it more than Firefox, but so far, so good.

Any Google Chrome users here? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

get the free ad block program in the app store for google chrome. you will see it go from fast to blazing on this site.

i use a custom hosts file as well that blocks a good many of the ads but the ad block program will help as well. lotta times you are waiting for the banner ads to load as well as the page you want to see. this way all you see is the page.
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Our son got us a new tower for Xmas, and put Google Chrome on it. So far it is great to use, and love the fact that the ads are blocked out, and yes it loads faster. Also the fact that you can use the tabs across the top, to put in various sites, that you go to a lot. Then when you log on the computer, all the sites come up, and you go to the tab you want to see.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been using Google Chrome since Xmas, but in the last couple weeks have been having problems using it. Not a fan of it now, like I was before. Am trying Firefox now, but if it doesn't satisfy in a month or so, will just go back to using Internet Explorer.

Post Thanks / Like

I switched to Firefox about a year ago and am very pleased. Ad blocking works really well. I can't hardly stand to use IE now.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Been using Firefox for a number of years. Today I downloaded the new Aurora, it SMOKE"S. I tried Opera, I.E. 9, absolutely no comparison..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls