Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GLOOMIS vs St CLROIX

Post Thanks / Like

Default GLOOMIS vs St CLROIX

Recieved grift cards from Bass Pro Shop for Christmas. Have been wanting a nice 5' 6" spinning rod for crappie fishing and nice spinning reel. I will be using it to throw 1/16 jigs only. Down here in south louisiana with shallow water I either throw a triple tail or I use a jig pole. Want something to get a little distance but also need to be accruate to cast around and under trees. Would like to get a little info on the Loomis or Stclroix panfish rods. If any of you guys own one please let me know your like and dislikes. I don't mind paying for the rod but the St Clorix is a lot cheaper than the Loomis. I have loomis spinning rod now that I used to bass fish and it's performs great. thanks for your reply

Post Thanks / Like

I curious about the answers you get, I've never fished with either of them.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

St Clorix just came out with a new line of rods for 2012. You can go on their web site to see them. Looks like they are wanting the crappie fishermans business. We maybe moving up in the world. They are also offering jig pole up to 11'.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a gloomis sr781 and it is awsome, you can feel the bite .325seconds before the crappie knows he bit.... great rod.... most of the time you can see the tip load down and never feel the tic of the bite, but when you see the tip drop just a tad, all you do is set the hook... go for it

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle man i looked up your rod that's a 6' 6". would you go with a shorter rod or do you like the length?

Post Thanks / Like

With money not being a factor, I would go for the Loomis although either one would be an upgrade for me.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have a STCroix Premier UL & medhvy I think the panfish series is based off that same SCII blank. I have an 8'ML Avid with SCIII blank and there is a very noticeable difference in sensitivity Avid being much better. If you are comparing to the Loomis TRS rod that is a GLX blank You having Loomis already may be disappointed in the Croix panfish rod. Not saying the Croix is bad but just not comparable to what you are accustomed to.

This what you looking at
    Trout Series Spinning Rods

Oh for a reel Pflueger has some nice ones the President is nice I have one of those. Also I just got another Supreme XT these are very nice silky smooth I paired it with a Croix Legend Elite that I just got as well
    Last edited by QUAKEnSHAKE; 12-25-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 9 foot GLX2 that my dad gave to me after he quit spin fishing (fly rod purest now) that I LOVE to tight line with. It is very touchy and has what I would consider a perfect flex to it. It doesn't rip the jigs out of their mouths.

Post Thanks / Like

quake&shake that is the Loomis rod I am looking at. It seems to be a very nice rod. What length are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and both are great. Gloomis sold out. TFO is now producing the G-Loomis rods. It is a good quality rod with GL technology . I recommend the 7ft rod . 7 ft sounds long but is ( in my opinion ) the perfect length for jigs . Keep in mind you are loosing about 12 in. to the handle.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast