Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all O.C.C.F.A's!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi all O.C.C.F.A's!Do You Suffer?

Hi all O.C.C.F.A's!

Just wanted to introduce myself.I go by the name CrappieMagnet pretty much everywhere I go on the net.My wife says I should be reborn as a crappie!?Maybe I should.I guess you could say I'm addicted.Addicted to watching video's,reading great stories about them...good and bad.I love filleting em' and cooking them many ways.I also love to share my techniques,tips and knowledge about these awesome fish.I reside in a suburb of Minneapolis where I have many great crappie lakes to choose from.We can never have too many lakes to choose from,right?

My only hope is to suffer through many more countless years of O.C.C.F!

Glad to be here....nontheless!:D
    Last edited by CrappieMagnet; 04-19-2006 at 05:44 PM.
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy and welcome to the board, from California.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?

What's O.C.C.F.A's?
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

What is O.C.C.F.A's?

Obsessive Compulsive Crappie Fishing Addicts

How do you know if you suffer from this great disease?

Does your brain scan show up like this?

No one knows the exact moment O.C.C.F enters the brain,but many theorize.Some believe it's that first time a child sticks a hook through a crappie minnows mouth.Others,the first moment a bobber goes down.And still others argue that it's the first time they cast off a dock.In reality,there are most likely thousands of ways Obsessive Compulsive Crappie Fishing enters the brain.But it's learning to manage the obsession that is so crucial.

How do I know I have O.C.C.F?

That is a very important question. The first step to managing your obsession is admitting to yourself that it exists.

Please read these five simple questions and answer them honestly.

1. When eating finger foods, do you ever smell fish on your hands?

2. Has your loved one ever been upset with you for coming home late because you were “stuck” on the water?

3. Do you own a higher number of crappie fishing rods than you do shoes?

4. Do you secretly feel upset when someone in the boat catches more fish than you?

5. When preparing to call it a day, do you ever make five or more “last casts”.

If you answered “yes” to two or more of these questions, you are a member of one of the fastest growing conditions in America.

4 Steps to Maintaining O.C.C.F
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

1. FIND A SUPPORT SYSTEM. It’s vital to form meaningful relationships with others like yourself. Sitting in a boat with other O.C.C.F.-ers is a good place to start. Long visits to bait & tackle shops also make for good bonding experiences.

2. SET LIMITS. It’s not difficult for an angler with O.C.C.F. to lose all comprehension of time on the water. That’s why it’s important to set limits. What is a reasonable amount of time for me to fish today? Are there errands, tasks, appointments I can’t miss because of my fishing? How many hours a week is a fair amount? Set limits, even if you might not stick to them.

3. CARE FOR THOSE CLOSE TO YOU. Loved ones might not understand your behavior, but it’s important to offer some love and sensitivity. Showing up occasionally for music recitals, plays, birthdays, and dinners is a good place to start. Just keep them happy. They’ll be more accepting of your time on the water.
    4. FIND SOLITUDE. To stay in touch with your O.C.C.F., it’s crucial to get away to a place of solitude and crappie-filled lakes. Crappie fishing websites,and other fishing websites are most likely the places. It is recommended by many O.C.C.F. lifers as: "A good place to go to catch some nice-sized fish. Even some slabs if you know what you’re doing...."

I hope this all explains O.C.C.F

*Note* Statements taken off another website here in Minnesota,but the words have been altered somewhat to explain this great disease.
    Last edited by CrappieMagnet; 04-19-2006 at 08:58 AM.
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

crappiemagnet, that sums it up for me. Now if I only can convince my wife that i have O.C.C.F
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder in insurance covers it? I need a new graph.
    Preferably the 987c si
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

The insurance guy also probably suffers from it too.You just might get away with it....than again...maybe not.
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome form Texas!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board, from North Carolina!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well welcome aboard from Illinois. I think maybe I have the affliction I just didn't know untill now that it had a name.
    United States-Home of the free, because of the BRAVE. (Pray for our troops)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast