Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Report

Fished today (Sunday), out of PB#2 water has good color on this end of the lake, but above Hurrican deck bridge @ hwy 5. It turns to muddy water, suprisingly caught most of my fish in the muddy water. Water temp was 51 in the muddy water and around 57 in the stained. Only managed 7 keepers kind of piss poor day. But it was nice to see only 2 or 3 big boats out and the rest a slim few of fisherman. I will hit it agian this weekend hopefully it will be better.

Ted
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I just read an article on fishing heated docks on LOZ in the winter. Do any of you Missouri fisherman have any comments on this? What month during the winter would be the best time to try this and do you have any recommendations regarding resorts that provide heated docks? I would appreciate any information you can provide. I just passed through Rolla Thanksgiving Day on my way back to east central Illinois from Branson. Your rolling hills provide some nice scenery - sure beats the flat corn and soy bean fields in my area.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heated docks

I have never fished a heated dock, but my guess would be in the colder months late Dec, Jan, and Feb. There is good fishing to be found during these months from fishing from a boat over brush piles in 20-25 foot of water. The heated docks have the same conditions, just help keep you nice and toasty, instead of freezing your butt off. I dont know of places that strictly for the heated docks. Some resorts have enclosed docks that you can fish. There are several in the Niangua Arm of the lake, I dont remember the names but give me a day or 2 and I can get them for ya. This lake rarely ices completely over, you will find ice is the backs of shallow coves.

Fished today and the water temps was around 48, the fish should be on the way back to the deeper water. Caught our limit today, a few big ones but most where just eater size.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    I have never fished a heated dock, but my guess would be in the colder months late Dec, Jan, and Feb. There is good fishing to be found during these months from fishing from a boat over brush piles in 20-25 foot of water. The heated docks have the same conditions, just help keep you nice and toasty, instead of freezing your butt off. I dont know of places that strictly for the heated docks. Some resorts have enclosed docks that you can fish. There are several in the Niangua Arm of the lake, I dont remember the names but give me a day or 2 and I can get them for ya. This lake rarely ices completely over, you will find ice is the backs of shallow coves.

Fished today and the water temps was around 48, the fish should be on the way back to the deeper water. Caught our limit today, a few big ones but most where just eater size.
    Ted did you do any good fishing this weekend?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead