Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 12/24

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 12/24

I left the boat at home and went to a couple spots from shore for a short time this afternoon. What a mistake! Went to step on a rock, slipped and ended up up to my waist in the drink. Good thing it was 50 degrees out, but what a shocker. Picked up a few fish, they were almost all the way on the bottom & the presentation had to be very slow. Caught them on Chart & Black, White & Gray, and Blue & White Entyzers. If you weren't line watching you'de miss alot of bites. I was gonna hit one more spot but thought I'd better take my soggy butt back to the house....... After a couple Bacardi & Cokes and a hot shower all is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy!!!! That sure sounds like a fun day. I'm ready to go from Wed on. Friday looks like the warmest. Not beyond going twice. Hand is doing fine.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

lol....and here I was getting ready to claim membership in the polar bear club because I fell in today when I was putting the boat on the trailer!! I only went in up to my knees and was on my way home, so no harm, no foul!! Let's NOT make this a Christmas Eve tradition!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gary, let me know when! Vic n & I are hitting it monday morning, but other than that I'm open!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter7711 View Post
    Boy!!!! That sure sounds like a fun day. I'm ready to go from Wed on. Friday looks like the warmest. Not beyond going twice. Hand is doing fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just glad I threw the Phoenix rod down before I went for the lil swim. The water isn't quite cold enough to claim Polar Bear status yet. I'm lookin forward to our trip monday. I've got your jigs ready to slay em!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    lol....and here I was getting ready to claim membership in the polar bear club because I fell in today when I was putting the boat on the trailer!! I only went in up to my knees and was on my way home, so no harm, no foul!! Let's NOT make this a Christmas Eve tradition!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterxs170 View Post
    I was just glad I threw the Phoenix rod down before I went for the lil swim. The water isn't quite cold enough to claim Polar Bear status yet. I'm lookin forward to our trip monday. I've got your jigs ready to slay em!!!
    I'm looking forward to it too...great way to finish Christmas with some winter time crappie!!

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful out there bud!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright...........no more falling in the water boys. I dont wanna be reading about any of you in the local papers.RoflRofl
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like a little swim on Christmas Eve! :p Glad it wasn't worse! Thanks for report .. I'm hoping to get out next week. The weather is looking great.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are okay !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast