Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Check out a couple of these..."new" archery/spearfishing records in NE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check out a couple of these..."new" archery/spearfishing records in NE

Thanks to another NE poster, and following the Game & Parks on facebook, I came across this post the other day.
    State Record Update, Archery and Surface Spearfishing | NEBRASKAland Magazine

Scroll down the page and check out the huge goldfish! And then down a little farther to see the new (I think it said the first) record for bow hunting a CHUB!! I'm not much of an archer, so that's pretty impressive to me!
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, i don't know how folks can do the underwater spearfishing here in Nebraska. Maybe its a little different in Western Nebraska waters than in Eastern Nebraska. Many lakes out here dont allow you to go into the water, much less diving. Even if you do, the water is so darn murky and muddy, how can you see anything more than 2 or 3 feet in front of you?

Surface spearfishing and bowfishing, i can understand that and see it as a major possibility, but underwater spearfishing out here? No way. That seems more dangerous than ice fishing if you ask me.

I've only done underwater spearfishing once, and that was in Okinawa Japan, where the water was crystal clear. Heck of a difference out here.