Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 am

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 am

Here I set at 3 am loaded and ready to hit the lake and I don't have to meet my Uncle until 6 am. LOL!!! My step son had some buddies over for his birthday slumber party and they woke me up at 11 pm, and again at 1 am. I hate to be the party pooper but, it was time for them to hit the sack. Then I couldn't go back to sleep so I've been out in the shop piddling on the boat and my gear. I've packed enough food for my 5 yr old who is going with me to feed an army and put new line his reel. As I was piddling I got in my hunting back pack to get my camera out and found that it had gotten wet on a deer hunt and I had forgotten to get it out of the camera case to dry so now it's ruined. I've had it wet before and it actually went to the bottom of the river once and I dove in and retrieved it. Once I dried it out it was just fine. Not this time thou. While I was making our lunches one of the boys came into the kitchen and asked what I was doing and when I told him getting ready to go fishing he all but begged me to take him. I hated to tell him that I couldn't but, there is no way to ok it with his parents at 2 am. I told him that I would take all the boys fishing on the pontoon boat after Christmas and that seemed to satisfy him. Anyways, as for the fishing today, who knows it poured the rain last night but, my uncle and 2 of his buddies boated over 100 yesterday before ending up with 3 limits (45) of keepers all over 11 inchs. He won't keep a "just legal" 10" crappie. Everyone have a great day and good fishing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wear your PFD the whole time you're on/near the water !! A sleep deprived body is a half second away from a splashdown, regardless of how careful you are or how stoked you may be (if catching fish).

take care, & luck2ya !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a great day!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Go get em
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure to give us a report on how it went?
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's 6:45 and I know you're off the water, inquiring minds want to know about your day!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Ready for a report . . . .
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope all is well with you.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!!! I had to go STRAIGHT to a Christmas party once we left the lake. We had a very hard time getting on any fish yesterday. The lake came up 2 feet over night and the water was muddy and had lots of current. We finally found a FEW fish behind a log jam in some less muddy water. We only boated 1 keeper tho. Atleast my boy had a good time. I came home from the Christmas party and went to bed at 8:30. Sorry for the delay in the report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast