Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loz 12/21

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz 12/21

This is a day late, but better than not at all! The day started out with high hopes; I put in at SB and started hitting docks with no luck, man it was tough. So after a few hours of messing around I decitied to make a run to the gravois. I thought it would take forever, but really it wasn't too bad, either that or I was numbed by the cold weather combined with the insane high speed of my boat! Once there the bite was the same as the Osage, could find the fish and when I did the were interested in what I was doing.

I ended up catching a few blue and white(thanks bugman), but it was tough.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear you got out there Griz! LOZ is a tuff nut to crack, I admit that whole hardheartedly. But, once you find you a brush pile you can bet they are on it. Between LOZ and Truman and Stockton and Pomme reports I think the average depth the fish are found in is around the 20 + foot mark of total water depth, and in some areas deeper with the fish suspended up in the 12-18 foot range. So that will give you an idea of where to look.

2 weeks ago I fished about 4 hours in water at about 20 foot on LOZ and they were up in the 15 foot range of water. Never got on a good number of them, and caught several small ones, but when you caught a legal fish it was healthy and heavy.

Bugman will steer you right. Good luck out there bud.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see your report griz, it has been a little slow and the rain and rising water didnt help at all. Look forward to seeing you at the next tourney in Febuary.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes youre the bug and other times youre the windshield. Better luck with the fish next time.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry things are pretty tough right now like Kyle said the rising water is rough on em this time of year,we went wed on my end and it was a mudhole up there so we went down and found better water and messed around and caught a limit or so of smaller fish so trust me when i say its bad all over but with these cold temps the water will settle out pretty quick and the bite will be back on.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got a mess, better fishing may be on the come real soon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Griz, ya it gets a little nippy flying across the lake at any speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job sticking it out Griz, glad you got on some fish.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

LOZ is feast or famine alot. Its a great lake to drop beds in if you ever get a chance. Not a big structer lake like Truman or Pomme in my opinion.