Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning tables

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cleaning tables

I wanted a dedicated place to clean my fish and meat so I have built my own "cleaning station" in my work shop. I like to have everything that I need at hands reach when I go to working meat. Here are a few pictures of my cleaning table. I have tried different heights while working meat and cleaning fish and have learned that "belly button" height works best for me and keep my back from getting sore after a couple of hours. We work up all our own farm and game meat.

I made the meat cutting part folding so that it could be moved out of the way while using just the sink. I also "topped" it with some hard plastic and screwed it to a frame. While grinding the screw heads flush I had an "eureka" moment. If I got the screw heads hot enough the plastic would "float" up and I then used a file to knock off the "lip" of plastic. This caused the screws to be below the surface of the plastic and I don't dull my fillet knife on the metal screw heads. I am going to eventually fill these with some molten plastic and then smoothing it out. Anyways, here are the pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. I see that you like electricity! So does my wife. In our recent remodel she had me placing outlets about every eight feet. BTW, the first outlet in that series should be a GFI outlet since it's within 6 feet of water (your local codes might be different).

Post Thanks / Like

NICE I really like the dad's fish bucket I need to do the same thing with 10 and 12 year old boys running around here I can't find any thing tools rods bait boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Nice....I use the kitchen table. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Glad that you mentioned that GFI plug. I actually meant to put one in there but, while doing the rest of my plugs (I have 16 doubles in a 24x20 shop LOL!) I missed that one and haven't thought another thing about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on the table, Fishorhunt; That is one of the many Pluses with being a member on this site. There is always someone with a suggestion to improve what you have done. Welcome to the site from Ne. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job beats mine by a mile.
    Allatoona Bandit

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie fisherpeople are the most creative humans I know...

Great job!!!

I really like the fold down table...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Having the right set up saves tons of time. A chore isn't that bad when you can get it done in 20-30 minutes. Its when it takes twice as long to clean a mess of crappie or bluegill after a hard days fishing that it starts to get to you. Good job!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I need an inside place with lights to clean fish. I just use a granite table in the backyard during the daytime. Yours looks top notch to me.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast