Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rain Suit Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rain Suit Repair

Has anyone had any success repairing a rip in rain pants? I have a pair of Browning 100% polyester that have ripped at the seam. Apparently the occupant has been stuffed with too many beanee weennee's and RC cola's and it has burst at the seams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    Has anyone had any success repairing a rip in rain pants? I have a pair of Browning 100% polyester that have ripped at the seam. Apparently the occupant has been stuffed with too many beanee weennee's and RC cola's and it has burst at the seams.
    Can you sew them on a sewing machine?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I can sew it but the seams will leak. There is a water proof seam sealer, I have seen advertised on the internet. Wal Mart doesn't carry it. I just wondered if anyone had ever repaired one succesfully.

Post Thanks / Like

howdy;

you can always use rubber cement as your seam sealer. then sew them up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had success resealing a tent with the seam tape.It seems to do a good job.But I also think the rubber cement would do the job in seam.I would try to sew it while it was still wet and then the glue could settle around the threads....E.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Repairs to seams

They make a liquid that seals the seams in camping tents. They sell them in sporting goods stores where good tents are sold.

A American Camper Seam Sealer is sold Model No. 1667. I purchased this many years ago to seal the seams in my dome ten.

I also found some CAMP INN Seal Sealer. This comes in a small 2 fl.oz plastic bottle.

You might sew the tear back together and then seal the stitches with this liquid seam sealer.

I looked at some Browning Insulated Rain Gear at Dick's Sporting good's store and went with some 10X insulated coveralls instead. The browning suit was a bib and a parka. I was afraid that the material would tear or be cut easily. It looked and felt like Felt on the outside. They also recommended that special materials be used on the fabric to refresh the water resistance of the fabric.

You might also spray some scotch guard over the repair to make that part waterproof. I would highly recommend that you check with Browning first before you do anything. They may know a better way to repair the outfit.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try a flyshop

The stuff that I have used to repair waders might do the trick also.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks for the fine suggestions

I believe I will try stitching it and get some seam sealer from a Dicks sporting center to seal it with. There is one about 20 miles away. If that doesn't work I will try patching it like a pair of waders. I am retired and try not to fish in the rain, but sometimes one gets caught out there.

Thanks
    Wayne