Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Way to Cook Panfish??

Bass Lass Guest

Question Favorite Way to Cook Panfish??

What is the best way to cook panfish such as bluegill, brim, shellcrackers etc.? Are they best filleted or whole? Does anybody have a favorite recipe to share? :rolleyes:

Bass Lass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check out the recipe forum

If you go to the top of this post and click on Crappie fishing - Crappie.com, you can scroll down to the cooking crappie forum where everybody puts in their favorite recipes for fish and sides.

I generally filet my gills to make my other hafl happy, but I like them fried whole, too. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I like mine scraped and fried whole. Most of my fishing buddies like em w/ the tail on, but that really doesn't matter to me!
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Clean um any way that is easy for you fry um done and share with friends and family.
    Rod

Post Thanks / Like

My dad said one time the worst part of a fish to eat was the skin(besides the head and guts of course). Roll the fillets in your favorite fish meal and deep fry.

Post Thanks / Like

i feed a bunch to 5-10 yr old nieces and nephews so i filet them, shake in HOUSE AUTRY fish breader mix, drop in hot peanut oil, take'em out soon as they float...also boil'em in beer, chill on ice, and eat with your favorite cocktail sauce...MMMMM they bout gooder than shrimp!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fillet is my choice

I like to fillet mine and deep fry them. You don't get as much this way but I would rather eat fish than pick bone. Most of the old-timers around here would much rather eat them whole but if you have small kids and you fillet them then you don't have to worry about them choking on a bone.
    Shadow
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Love to fry them whole, never have filayed them. Thats for large fish like walleyes or big perch.

When done frying, I start by eating the tailfin first. If you have never tryed the tailfin, you missin it. But make sure u get the fish crispy, so the tailfin is britle. Also, I feel the skin gives it that more bluegill flavor.

Post Thanks / Like

I love to dip mine in Italian dressing then batter it in Zattarans lemon fish batter and deep fry. Aint nuttin better when you filet em and fry em like dis.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the way I like um best. I usually filet mine but works just the same with skinned whole fish. Roll them in Krustee's Bake and Fry, Fry them in a cast iron pan with the oil about 1/4 inch deep. Not enough oil to deep fry but more then just a skim. Turn and cook to a light golden brown. Add a little lemon juice and tarter if you like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast