Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new stockton brushpiles question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default new stockton brushpiles question?

i have seen that the MDC has been working hard this fall to sink new brush piles around the lake, my question is...those green signs they hang on the trees on the bank that indicate the brushpiles, does that mean that the brush is inline with the sign or just the area?
    Remember, We all live down stream!
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there have been anything new since spring. I you go to MDC fish habit page you can see the exact spots and GPS data. If you don't have a GPS handheld or graph that should be item number one on your christmas list IMO.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it just means they are in the area of the green sign. I have fished some and they are left of the sign, others right of it. I did not know they were putting any out this fall. Have you seen them being put out? Dongotto is right GPS makes them a lot easier to find.

Post Thanks / Like

find mag. north and go in a straight line south and they will be there

Post Thanks / Like

e yes, not a secret but the MDC has been working on placing new brushpiles near the greenfield area and north.. but i did find out that the ones that they put in this spring and the ones that are going in this fall/winter that they are NOT going to hang signs... you will just have to locate them using there gps waypoints via there website.

Post Thanks / Like

The brush is always pretty deep over every sign I've ever seen I usually find the Brush right out from the sign and at about 20 to 25ft deep depending on the lake level. Those signs are usually a pretty good spot if you can keep your line on the outside of it. Be careful though it is hang up city if you get right on top of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HYDE View Post
    e yes, not a secret but the MDC has been working on placing new brushpiles near the greenfield area and north.. but i did find out that the ones that they put in this spring and the ones that are going in this fall/winter that they are NOT going to hang signs... you will just have to locate them using there gps waypoints via there website.
    Wow good to know. Can you guys recommend any good low cost GPS units that are fisherman friendly? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a very nice gentleman that works at bass pro in the electronics area named Russ that will make you a sd card with all the coordinates on it and mail it to you at a very good price, mine for my humminbird was under $16.50 and worked great, put on both my depthfinders in less than a minute. I am not very computer friendly and this made it painless and was worth every penny.

Post Thanks / Like

THIS SHOuld be the link too THE latest piles from the spring.... (gps waypoints) http://​newmdcgis.mdc.mo.gov/​statewidefishattractors/

Post Thanks / Like