Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 12-17-11 stockton tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12-17-11 stockton tournament

Another great day of fishing, met some new people, and had some really good food. I really enjoyed meeting you beagleman, sorry I missed you when you left. Looking forward to the next one already, J.R. and the gang run a fun tournament and really make you feel welcome. Also the weights were inpressive, atleast 3 teams with over a pound average for 7 fish.
    Last edited by mkeller; 12-18-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

them stockton crappie this tournament were pretty nice for sure, 1lb average is darn good... It was nice talking to you also Mark, and the man with you bill or george,not sue,,, told him I would forget,,,, anyway nice bunch of folks for sure, had motor trouble on my mind and wanted to try a couple tricks before dark. if you get to stockton give a holler. congrats to all who fished and hope to see ya all next trip....

Post Thanks / Like

It was a fun and terrific day on the water. Good food and fellowship after the fishing.

JLT will get the results put together and we will get them posted. There were 11 total boats and some very good weights. I think the weights ranged from about 6 to 7 1/2 pounds.

The fish we found seem to be transitioning into the winter pattern and in 25 to 40 foot of water near structure and shad. Best color for us was electric chicken and root beer chart on a double rig of an 1/8th and 1/16th or two 1/8th's. Drop to the bottom and slow role up. Caught some right off the bottom and some at 6 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to meet you Mr. Keller. It was a fun day and a lot of nice fish. I wish we could have stayed but I was in a big hurry to as I had to pick up my boys from grandmas and scout ducks for this morning.

We felt proud of the fish we took to the scales with just over 7lbs and were 4th place. Indeed a very good group of fisherman in every boat. Don't know when the next one is or if I will be able to fish it, but everyone within a drive should come down and enjoy the event.

I hate to leave a fry but I did find a good mallard hunt at one of my spots and we made it hard on them this morning.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

It was great meeting you to Jason, glad the ducks cooperated. The next one is planned for December 31, meeting again at 8:30 at the cabins. And you are right, very good crappie men for sure, but all are willing to share info. and techniques if you are willing to listen and contribute. The quality of fish have really improved from what I remember growing up. It used to be something to catch a 11 1/2 or 12 inch crappie, but it now seems to be the norm. Five of our black crappie we weighed at the tournament were as long as our slide in crappie measurer and where wide and thick enough you had to wiggle them in. It is taking sometime to re-learn the lake and getting used to fishing in 30 to 50 feet of water when I usually am fishing in very shallow lakes and creeks here in kansas where we fish alot in 8 to 12 feet of water. Also I like catching some of the beautiful black crappie from stockton, I catch probably 95% or better white crappie.