PDA

View Full Version : need some ideas

vabeachxj
12-17-2011, 05:15 PM
hy guys i am rebuilding a boat this winter i just wanted some ideas on where to find good prices on stuff for it like seats and so forth i'm on a extreamly tight budget to do this build so any ideas on where to look or if anyone has stuff they need to clean out any ideas would be great

jaxsprat
12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Well I don't know smack about Virginia Beach so here goes, up here in Illinois we have several swap-flea market once a year shows starting in February. folks rent a table for $10.00 & sell all their boat & fishing extras. You can find seats, anchors, trailer parts,sometimes there's pictures of boats for sale etc.Check with sporting goods stores as they may have a bulletin board with these sales advertised, and while there ask about any store end of year close outs. Do a search for Tin Boats web site for how to tips & ideas. Visit some fishing clubs and ask the members -if there sale places around they will know, and maybe the club has flea market also. Many dealers advertise overstock along with the boat sales on Craigs Boat sale listing.

vabeachxj
12-17-2011, 06:36 PM
ya i keep a eye on craigslist just havent seen much on there as far as parts in awhile i know bi need seats a bow stop upright winch plate for the trailer and a set of like 7" pedistals but ya i will keep looking and will try and see what i can find out about those swap meets and all also

skeetbum
12-17-2011, 06:37 PM
The Craigslist in the Nashville Tn area had some new seats that look like they came from a boat plant were $40 each, way better than what the same money would buy in any store. Might have to go back some but it's worth the look.

CrappiePappy
12-18-2011, 07:12 AM
Check with local Marine Dealerships (boat/trailer sales) ... see if they have a "trash pile" of wrecked trailers/boats or parts. They might let you have whatever you can salvage, or cut you a deal on usable parts.

Also check with the Va Beach boys, on the Va State Forum of this site ... some good fellers on there that might have a line on some places to check out, or even some items they have lying around (that they might part with for a nominal fee).

... cp :cool:

clock152
12-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I am sure that VA beach has more than a few "dead boat" yards around....being a cheap SOB that I am... I would go huntin in those yards to see what I could find and restore... good seats might just need new covering and you might be surprised at what you might find... but that is just me.

vabeachxj
12-18-2011, 10:33 AM
thanks ya i am gonna check into some of those