Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Never fished from a Kayak??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never fished from a Kayak??

I have never fished from a kayak but it really looks like fun. I don't want to break the bank so I'm asking you all what would be a good start out rig? I will be using it for fishing old river beds and ponds? Thanks for any help.
    Lynn

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I fish from an Old Town 119, it's a solo canoe not a kayak but it handles well with a kayak paddle. They are sold new at Dick's Sporting goods on sale for about $400. I think a forum member named blake may have a used one for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by crappie4me2 View Post
    I have never fished from a kayak but it really looks like fun. I don't want to break the bank so I'm asking you all what would be a good start out rig? I will be using it for fishing old river beds and ponds? Thanks for any help.
    Lynn

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful, crappie fishing from a kayak can be addictive. It's a lot of fun, it's all I do now. Haven't had the motor boat out but once in over a year. I understand it's not for everyone but it is different and I enjoy the exercise. I know what your going through trying to figure out what style or type of kayak to choose. My best advice is to try to find friends or dealers that will let you test drive, fish, in one. Pm me if you have any specific questions.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Gander yesterday and looked at thme and sat down in a couple of them. Man that will reallly put you down in the water for sure. I have really got to do some research and thinking before I pull the trigger. Thanks and If I have any questions I'll let you know.
    Thanks,
    Lynn

K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    ...I think a forum member named blake may have a used one for sale.
    Thanks Mike. I do have one for sale. Here is a link:
    Local Sales Network - Old Town Canoe, solo in cleveland, TN #2220969 - Go LSN!
    Here is a picture of the crack:

and of the interior:

Asking $300 for boat and sitbacker stadium seat, $250 for just the boat. PS your welcome to come try it out (and maybe some of my other kayak/canoes) as my brother lives on the water (and we can crappie fish while testing them out).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    Thanks Mike. I do have one for sale. Here is a link:
    Local Sales Network - Old Town Canoe, solo in cleveland, TN #2220969 - Go LSN!
    Here is a picture of the crack:

and of the interior:

Asking $300 for boat and sitbacker stadium seat, $250 for just the boat. PS your welcome to come try it out (and maybe some of my other kayak/canoes) as my brother lives on the water (and we can crappie fish while testing them out).
    I appreciate it but that is not really what I'm looking for. I'm really wanting a kayak but I really have to think long and hard about it before I pull the trigger on it.
    Thanks again,
    Lynn

K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, Catawba can back me up on this as he fishes out of a 119. But the 119 with a kayak paddle, is better fishing boat than any kayak in its price range. Besides most of the "new" hybrid kayaks made for fishing, are really canoes with low sides. I have a kayak that I like better for most water but it also was twice as expensive as a 119. (also I have owned over 20+ canoes and kayaks over the years, so I am far from saying mine is best cause that is what I own).

What ever kayak/canoe that you decide to buy, you really should paddle it and several others before purchasing. What works for Jim, may not work for Joe, and the only way to know that is to go out and row.

PS I totally understand if your not interested in my canoe, no biggie to me.