Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Results from TeeZur Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Results from TeeZur Tournament

The TeeZur Jigs David Summers Memorial tournament was a huge success. The morning was very cold and very windy but that did not stop anglers from putting crappie in the boat. Except for the wind, it turned out to be a beautiful day for a fishing get-to-gather and fish fry. There were 25 teams that weighed in. There were also several teams that did not weigh in because they were not able to get out on the lake due to high winds.
    The fish fry was second to none. Ted Todd and his crew did an outstanding job cooking and preparing the meal for every one. Jackie and the Summers family were here and she had the jig trailer available for any one wanting to stock up on jigs. There was no entry fee for this tournament, but we were able to give out over $6,000 worth of prizes that was donated by companies and people from all over the country. This goes to prove once again that crappie anglers are the best people in the world.
    Big Ed from Crappie.com attended all the festivities and even got out on the lake for a few days of fishing in just about every kind of weather condition that Mother Nature was able to dish out. A big thanks to Jerry Blake for taking Ed and his daughter fishing while they were here. The top three teams were from Gibson County Tennessee and all three teams were using TeeZur Jigs.

1st. place went to the team of Ronny Taylor and Chuck Blazer with a weight of 9.88.
    2nd place went to Tim Ayers and Tony Hames with a weight of 9.79. This team also had the big fish that weighed 2.04.
    3rd place went to Jim Patton and Joe Needham with a weight of 9.38.
    4th Clift Powers 8.83.
    5th Jerry Trimble and Cliff Edwards 8.69.
    6th Darrell VanVactor and Doug Coakley 8.08.
    7th Steve Ferguson and Ben Blakey 7.99.
    8th John Eubanks and Shane Moore 7.91.
    9th Jim & Carol Shortidge 7.82.
    10th Roy Jones and Brooks High 7.79.
    11th Terry Elliott and John Quinn 7.40.
    12th Jim Ericson and Darryl Morris 7.34.
    13th Danny Todd and Sammy Tidwell 7.28.
    14th Allen and William Carter 7.09.
    15th Ronny and Julie Keel 7.06.
    16th Tim and Marla Davis 5.99.
    17th Keith and Jim Arnold 5.99.
    18th Charlie Rogers and David Felter 5.79.
    19th Donald Barns and Kent Driscoll 5.63.
    20th Jerry Blake and Leroy Rodgers 5.50.
    21st Steve Mohon and Taylor Badgett 4.11.
    22nd Kerry and Chad Arnold 3.10.
    23rd Jonathon Woods, Tom Lewis and Dillion Woods 2.78.
    24th Ed Poe and Kenny Colson 2.73.
    25th Thomas and Patty Chandler 1.89.
    The Grand Prize winner was Darryl Morris. He received an Ithaca 12 gauge over and under shotgun valued around $800. This gun was donated by Bill Clayton.
    Below is a list of the sponsors for this tournament. We were able to have this tournament because of the donations made by them. Please remember them for your needs in the future.

TeeZur Jigs, Crappiestuff.com, Ted Todd & Country Style Fish Breading, Crappie.com, Berkley & Pure fishing, B&M Poles, Tite-Lok, Keep-a-Live, Keel Shield, Crappie Wizard Co, Conagra Foods, Kentucky HydroGrafx, Williams Guide Service, Elliott Guide Service, Tim Gibson Guide Service, VanVactor’s Guide Service, Jerry Blake Guide Service, Crappie Unlimited, Russ Bailey & Midwest Crappie, Jim Perry, Bill Clayton, Todd Miller, Bob Rubinacker, Mike Scroggins, Tim Huffman, Jerry Brown, Tower Sports Center, Lasting Impressions, Grubco Bait, Mansard Island, Southern Pro Tackle, Fish Tail Lodge, Hidden Creek Campground, and CrappieUSA.
    I want to thank every one for making this a day to remember. And lets not forget the reason for this tournament. To honor David Summers and his family. David was taken away from us by a monster called cancer. But he will always be remembered in our hearts and our thoughts. And nothing can take that away from us.
    Thanks to all and God Bless.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Richard, heck of a job. Glad we all got to meet. I never knew David, but i hope he would be proud. Fine weekend for me and my son and all the other dozens of people there.
    Last edited by fatboy; 11-14-2004 at 07:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy, where was the tournament held at? Maybe when I get my boat, if I get the chance to do some distant fishing trips, I'll try to key in that lake and see what I can come up with. I'm sure you all had a great time no matter the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Default TeeZur Crappie Tournament was a good time for all

Richard:
    I had a great time and it sure was good to see you and the guys again. Thanks for a great tournament. You and the gang did another fine job.

Those KY lake crappie were about as stocky and full as I have ever seen them. Talk about some firm crappie.

I enjoyed watching you moderate the event and am ready to do it again next year.

Thanks for the new crappie pole. I am going to wear it out. I may even go out today and try it out. I have a new shimao reel ready to put on it.

Tell all the sponsors that I said thanks.

PS I purchased a few of the TeeZur Chartruse jig heads in 3/32oz and several packs of jig bodies to try out. I was amazed by the selection of colors and sized that Jackie had in the TeeZur trailer. Those jigs are truely an amazing product and very well built. I can't wait to tie one on my line and fish with it.

Now that I have a map of Henry Country I will be able to find my way around down there and not get so lost the next time. LOL

One my way home I had to pull over along 124 twice as I was blowing 15amp fuses in the truck. There was a loose wire on the trailers side lights and it was shorting out onto the trailer and causing my fuses to blow like the winds at the tournament. After the third fuse replacement I finally got out and found the problem and fixed it. After that I didn't have any more problem. The main thing was that the fuse was to my backup lights and all the lights inside the cab of my truck. Dash lights went out and all I had was the headlights. Trafic coming up behind me could not tell that I was parked along the side of the road. Here I was laying on my back trying to take the amber lens cover off the side light with my tool man's phillips head screw driver and not loose the screws. I had a small mini flash light that I held in my teeth and had to take off my eyeglasses so that I could see. I am nearsighted and farsighted and wear bifocals these days and can't see anything when I am up real close to it. I was under the trailer and only had a few inches between my face and the light so I could not see anything that close with my eyeglasses on. LOL I bet that the people coming down 124 wondered what was going on. I didn't have much room to pull off on the side and the right hand lane was only a few feet from where I was parked. But I got the job done. I had been having that problem and had not been able to figure out what was happening. Luckily I found the loose wire and reattached it to the side light so that it won't come loose again. I got home last night around 10 after a 4 1/2 hour trip.

Thanks again for all your work. Tell everyone that I said hi!
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Richard did a wonderful job hosting the tournament. I loved meeting everyone, especially the members from the board. Putting a face to a name really makes everything so much more personal. Thanks for the 10 seconds I took in the spotlight (when handed the mic), I wish I had more to say, particularly to the board members, but at least I've got this forum to follow up with. One thing I found out was, all Crappie Fishermen are wonderfully generous with everything. I'm talking about fishing information (namely Richards waypoints, thanks again buddy), general hospitality, and even activity on the water. No-one seemed to have any problem fishing through other boats, fishing close by and all. You'd just joke around, talk about what they caught; ask if they left any fish in the spot for the other. Even during the competition of a tournament, I saw no hostility anywhere, from anyone, about anything. Nothing against Bass fishermen, but I just can't see them expressing the same consistent friendliness as I seen in the Crappie fishermen.

Here's a quick pic of me shaking Richards hand;

Awesome TT, can’t wait till next year. And the Spring Fling at Watts bar, I’ve just got to go!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    Richard did a wonderful job hosting the tournament. I loved meeting everyone, especially the members from the board. Putting a face to a name really makes everything so much more personal. Thanks for the 10 seconds I took in the spotlight (when handed the mic), I wish I had more to say, particularly to the board members, but at least I've got this forum to follow up with. One thing I found out was, all Crappie Fishermen are wonderfully generous with everything. I'm talking about fishing information (namely Richards waypoints, thanks again buddy), general hospitality, and even activity on the water. No-one seemed to have any problem fishing through other boats, fishing close by and all. You'd just joke around, talk about what they caught; ask if they left any fish in the spot for the other. Even during the competition of a tournament, I saw no hostility anywhere, from anyone, about anything. Nothing against Bass fishermen, but I just can't see them expressing the same consistent friendliness as I seen in the Crappie fishermen.

Here's a quick pic of me shaking Richards hand;

Awesome TT, can’t wait till next year. And the Spring Fling at Watts bar, I’ve just got to go!
    Have they set a date for The Spring Fling at Watts bar?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Duane ...

the Spring Fling dates have not yet been set....but they will be announced here as soon as they are confirmed. The Fling will probably be sometime in April - and the confirmation announcement should occur several months beforehand. Hope you get to attend. ...............cp