Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Role Reversal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stratos 201 Pro help

My uncle has a Stratos 201 Pro, not sure on the year, he`s looking to remove the shifter but its located in the side wall of the boat and he`s removed the screws from shifter and he can get it loose, but he cant remove it out of the hole and theres no access to reach a arm back to the shifter from behind. Just wondering if anyone out there might know how to remove it or have any ideas ??
    Last edited by Ron; 12-15-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    My boat maybe old, but shes still... FAST !!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron ... he HAS unhooked the shift cables from the motor, hasn't he banghead

That whole assembly got put in there through the cutout ... so it has to come back out. Has your uncle talked to a boat dealer mechanic (that works on the brand of motor that's on the Stratos)

I'm thinking that the control box & shift cables are a "set", and specific to the motor brand it's connected to ... so he would have to purchase a complete assembly set, as a replacement. OR ... if the shift/control box is toast, the cables are disconnected from the motor, and he still can't get the assembly out through the cutout .... then, has he tried to open the control box & disconnect the cables from inside of it, then pull the cables out through the bilge area ??

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Well on his Stratos he just has a shifter thur the side of boat, theres no control box, his key switch and choke are located in front of the shifter in side of boat. It looks like his shifter would come apart to seperate the shifter handle from the cable rods thats behind the wall of boat, because everything in front, ie...shifter handle and in back, ie cable rods... of the hole is to big to bring though the hole so only thing we can think is the whole thing has to pull apart, but we couldnt see how to get them apart. We can get it loose from the wall, just not apart

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Any pictures of what youre talking about? They might help!Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Any pictures of what youre talking about? They might help!Thumbs Up
    What brand motor are we talking about, too ?? Might be some schematics for the shift lever/cable system, online, that we can use to see where the disconnects are located.
    I still think the cables will more easily be pulled from the bilge end, rather than thru the cutout ... if/when we can figure out how they disconnect from the shift lever.

I feel like a doofus, not realizing that the shifter isn't a control box component ... since I HAPPEN TO HAVE A STRATOS BOAT, myself banghead bash ... LOL !! (my key is on the left bottom of the console)
    But, in my defense ... I have only had the boat since June, and only used it about 4times since purchasing it ... so I'm still learning about it.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

no pics at this time...but can get some to post. Yeah pappy.....your key is located in same spot and if you just have a shifter that comes thru the wall just behind the key switch then you know what we`ve got, and too besides the key theres alos switches for all the pumps and also the levers for livewell drains there in same area...its a 200 E-rude. I know !!! Pappy, tear yours apart and tell us how you get it out ! Opps I misread your post, sounds like your key is on dash console...ours is just in front of the shifter with all the other switches bash

Post Thanks / Like

Riiiiiiight Rofl ... (actually, I had already thought of jokingly suggesting I try it on mine ... )

What year E-rude is that motor (just in case it makes a diff) ??

... cp