Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What kind of line do I have?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What kind of line do I have?

I've got an old braid, probably some sort of Spiderwire. It is moss green colored and is not braided like PowerPro, when I run my thumb nail down the line it is smooth. Cut ends fray and the inside fibers are white and it is soft and very limp. It also floats really well. It bought it maybe 10 years ago. I want to buy more and can't find the old spool. I've looked around at local stores and can't find anything similar, haven't made it to BPS or Cabelas to check all of theirs. Does anyone know what it might be or what is out today that is comparable?

Here is a picture but I'm not sure how much help it will be.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Spider wire fusion,

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea where I can find it or something comparable for sale today? I did some searching and can't find it anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1jkemp View Post
    Any idea where I can find it or something comparable for sale today? I did some searching and can't find it anywhere.
    I haven't seen any of it in years but the first place I would look would be on ebay.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try BPS,Cabellas, andEbay. It is still made but been improved quite a bit. Last bought was at Walmart.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check your local tackle stores or Wal-marts ... and look at Spiderwire Stealth, & see if it's comparable.

Otherwise, there are lots of mfg's that have braid. I've got some Cortland braid, that's on a couple of old extension poles ... that I put on there back in the mid 1970's ... and it's still usable !!

What did you cut that line with, to make it frey so much on the tag end ?? I don't think I'd want a braid that freyed that bad ... since it would make it quite a bit more difficult to put the tag end thru a jighead line eye. That's why I suggest using the Fiskar Kids scissors to cut braid with ... clean & blunt cut tag.

... cp