Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All round preferred .22 LR ammo?

Post Thanks / Like

Default All round preferred .22 LR ammo?

What is your fav all round .22 LR ammo? Lookin to try some new ammo, and just get some stored in my ammo box.....so was wonderin what ya'lls thoughts are.

Thanks,
    AC
    Following in the foot steps of the master fisherman!!
    Mark 1:16-18

Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking for plinking or hunting? Plinking- I go cheapest I can find. Hunting for coyotes I will use CCI stingers. Hunting small game I like CCI or Remington. Best thing to do is do some bench testing in your gun and find what it likes. No two guns are the same.

In centerfire rifles, when reloading, sometimes 0.5 gr of powder can make all the difference in how your gun groups with a specific bullet. There are litterally thousands of combinations for bullet, powder, primer, and seating depth combinations for a given caliber.

Post Thanks / Like

x2 on the testing, every gun, even same model #'s could prefer different brands of ammo.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All my .22s love CCI Stingers.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Federal gold medal target loads. They are extremely accurate in all my .22's.

Post Thanks / Like

For extreme accuracy, wolf match target, for great accuracy in most rifles/pistols and packing a punch, CCI Mini Mags, For plinking and pretty fair accuracy, Federal in then 550 bulk package..

Post Thanks / Like

Just for plinking and back yard shooting, the bulk packs (500 - 555) from wal-mart, for more serious shooting I always use the CCI Stingers, they pack a wallop for a .22 LR. Every one has they're own preferences.

Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you fired the sub sonic 22 rounds? Cabellas sells them as I am sure do many others. Reason I am asking is comparing it to the 1100 to 1300 fps pellet rifles on the market. I was thinking about getting one, but if the subsonic 22 is quieter I could use my 10/22 for a pesky neighborhood varmit and not cause any more issues that the pelelt would. What I am asking is, how loud is the sub sonic 22? I think the velocity is below 1000 fps.
    SeaRay

Post Thanks / Like

CCI stingers for me as well
    **rww1977**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Have any of you fired the sub sonic 22 rounds? Cabellas sells them as I am sure do many others. Reason I am asking is comparing it to the 1100 to 1300 fps pellet rifles on the market. I was thinking about getting one, but if the subsonic 22 is quieter I could use my 10/22 for a pesky neighborhood varmit and not cause any more issues that the pelelt would. What I am asking is, how loud is the sub sonic 22? I think the velocity is below 1000 fps.
    SeaRay
    They don't make any more noise than a pellet gun, they have no powder in them. If you shoot them in a 10/22 they won't eject. I just shot one in mine to check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast