Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: okeechobee

Post Thanks / Like

Default okeechobee

any reports on crapppie,will be coming down from indiana first week or two in januaray my father inlaws place is on taylor creek thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

My Uncle has a place over there that he comes to every year and some of the people in the trailer park he is in have been doing good early in the morning or after dark at night, but the last time I went there a week ago (just passing by after hog hunting) I did not see very many lights off of the Kissimee bridge or the indian praprie canal , might have been an off night but he says they are catching some just early mornings and late evenings then after dark with lighs going..
    Also the bite USUALLY is better January through feb..in the past , water is cooler and getting into spawn too..
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy from LeHigh Acres said hes going in the morn. He heard they were catchin them around Bird Island in the grass. I let you know if he goes.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tsdunigan View Post
    any reports on crapppie,will be coming down from indiana first week or two in januaray my father inlaws place is on taylor creek thanks in advance
    If ya'll could manage to break away we would sure welcome ya at the slabfest, even if it is just to eat.

Post Thanks / Like

Garyv,were you in the 127 canal between Buckhead Ridge and Indian Prarie Canal?
    I was slow trolling for crappie in my Polar Kraft and saw an airboat with hog hunters come and go. Hope you got some hogs!
    I have been getting some nice size crappie out of that canal, but not many of them. Usually get 6 to 10 in the morning, daylight till 9 am and another handfull between sunset and dark. All on slow trolled green curly tailed jigs.
    Every day there are a few more boats in the Kissimmee River. I hear of good catches on the north side of Kings Bar and Little grassy, from open water and in the water hiacynth.

Post Thanks / Like

No we where hunting in moorhaven and just passing by the bridge when I was there . we did get 2 though..