Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Truman tournament ideas???

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Truman tournament ideas???

Looking for input on a points race. Would like to get something going for plaques or trophies for the end of year. Was thinking of like top 3 teams based off of wieghts or points and maybe one or two for big fish for the year. Looking for some sponsers to help with this but could also do it with a one time fee for the teams wanting to be in the points race or up the entry a few dollars for everyone. Or we can leave it alone. Just looking for input on what the anglers would like to see for 2012. Another change is allowing spidder rigging. We had lots of people who would have fished if they could have rigged. I know some do not like it but I think we will pick up more teams by doing it than we will lose. We threw around having two divisions. One for one poler's and one for rigger's. It is a lot more work to try and keep the entries and money seperated for each tournament doing it that way. 90% of the tournaments allow it and I think over the coarse of a season it will equal out when it is good and when one poling is better. But it gives teams the option if the one pole bite is tough. I know a lot of guys that do not "Spider Rig" but love to two pole troll to up their odds and catch more fish. This would work for them also. But would like some feedback on this also. If you don't want to post on here you can always shoot me a PM with thoughts or ideas about this or anything else you would like to see. I also posted the schedule on another thread. We left out August because of the two Crappiemasters tournaments at Twain and Truman that month.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll throw out my .02 on Friday in between swinging slabs, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Mike. Going to cool off by then but should not be anything froze over so options are endless on where to start.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys that spend any time around me know I'm as anti spider as it gets and poke a lot of good natured fun about it. But if it broadens the interest go for it. Am a fan of using points and not overall weight, believe it keeps interest up later into the year. It appears easier to overcome a few points deficit rather than a few pounds. Thanks for your efforts.

Post Thanks / Like

Kaz thanks for the input. The points system over weights makes since. Was thinking if anyone wanting in the points race put $5-$10 in the pot at the start of the year or at their first tournament that would pay for plaques. Everyone would not have to get in the points race that way. Which will make it easier for me to keep track off not having to figure it for everyone each time. They have programs to do it all for you but they are not cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct, keeping up with points is a hassle. One thing have seen work and fairly simple: award 1 point for first, 2 for second and so on. Tally, say for instance, six events of the seven total allowing each team a mulligan or to skip an event, lowest point total for six events wins. Another thing to create interest and add some fun is withhold one entry fee from the purse for each event and award a "Lucky 13th" place which is entry fee into the next tournament. Whatever you decide is fine with all of us, you're the head honcho. When I was a youngster my Dad took me on camping fishing trips with his buddies, he'd announce at the start of the trip "first one to complain about the cooking gets to fix the next meal",,,,,sure cut down on complaints.

Post Thanks / Like

i like the point's system, like kaz say's it would keep it even more interesting through the year... don't like the idea of spider rigging in a tourny, i prefer one fisher with one rod, just my two cent's... if it get's more people than do what you think jared, baller and i plan on fishing them either way! thank's for your time you and lenny have put into this. cant wait til march!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazualobzerver View Post
    Correct, keeping up with points is a hassle. One thing have seen work and fairly simple: award 1 point for first, 2 for second and so on. Tally, say for instance, six events of the seven total allowing each team a mulligan or to skip an event, lowest point total for six events wins. Another thing to create interest and add some fun is withhold one entry fee from the purse for each event and award a "Lucky 13th" place which is entry fee into the next tournament. Whatever you decide is fine with all of us, you're the head honcho. When I was a youngster my Dad took me on camping fishing trips with his buddies, he'd announce at the start of the trip "first one to complain about the cooking gets to fix the next meal",,,,,sure cut down on complaints.
    ditto
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be in favor of anything goes for fishing styles. 99% of the tournaments out there are weigh-in 7 fish, doesn't matter how you catch them. This is what anyone who fishes the Crappie Masters is used to. I think including everyone is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Could u allow Riggin in the spring tourneys than just one pole for the summer months???

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast