Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: slide out poles?

Post Thanks / Like

Default slide out poles?

does anybody spider rig with them? i have a 8ft 10ft and a 12ft.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess if you could adjust the amount of line you have out it would work.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some cheap telescopic poles for spider rigging and added some eyes and taped on some cheap spincast reels. Granted they wont land any hugh catfish or stripers (sorry drags on the reels) but they get 'er done with the crappies.Thumbs Up. BTW, I also taped the joints on the poles so they no longer break down but thats alright since I can haul 'em easily at full length. I have eight 13'ers for spider rigging.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they work in most cases, i used 4 16' for years and mine nad the line guides on think they were called Falcon,
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

I use them some ,I put one guide to each joint and the last 2 I took a old rod and cut small pieces and put guides on them ,slip them over rod where they would fit being space out even, then put a new tip on it. Have BPS long but do not use them as much as I do these because I break them down quick and move. Not as stift of a tip but with lite bites sometimes better, but with heavy weight not as good.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

I have used these for years now. They are very light and collapse down nicely for storage. I have never had one break and have Bucks minireels on them.

BNM Fishing

BNM Fishing

YD

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 of the HT shooting stars that arent to bad to vert troll with.....have since bought C&C rods so they dont so alot of action any more, but not a bad option to spider rig with

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I often use them. Many years ago I watched a friend of mine using a 10 footer get pulled all over the lake by a big fish. All he could do was hang on. The fish finally tired and he was able to get it close to the boat and grab it by the mouth to get it in. It was a blue cat a little over 17lbs and had swallowed his 1/16oz jig. That doesn't happen every day. My biggest on one was about a 6lb bass.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I learned on. X-father in law, that is all him and his crew used at fish camp. 6-8 on each end of the boat. Nimrod lake, limits in no time. Still got a few in the basement.