Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spider rigging Poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider rigging Poles

Im sure their has been some topics about this, but I could not find any using the search function. Anyways im new to spider rigging and long lining and I am looking for some good poles. I am on a tight budget so they need to be as cheap as possible, but still reliable. I know you guys know the best so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest the Crappie Maxx if you can afford them. The universal rods is probabley what you want. Look for an all graphite rod with as many guides as possible. A good 12 footer has 12 to 13 guides. Also want a rod that is not too bouncey in rough water, but has enough action to play a fish.

Post Thanks / Like

pinnacle

pinnacle "limit rod" are cheap and hi-tech also are inexpensive , but if your going to get really into spidder riggin go a head and by some good poles even if you just get a couple at a time to you get the amount you want i use 14ft capps &coleman and i love them!!!!!!!
    '
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

U can get 4 12ft pinnacle rods from grizzly jig for $50. That's what I started with. Upgraded to 14 B&M PST's but never had a problem with the pinnacles. Heck for $100 you can get those for rods and 4 sweepfire spinning reels to get u started. If u decide to upgrade later those can always be your spares. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

x2,ptnnacle are good rods for the money
    Quote Originally Posted by Handicrappie View Post
    U can get 4 12ft pinnacle rods from grizzly jig for $50. That's what I started with. Upgraded to 14 B&M PST's but never had a problem with the pinnacles. Heck for $100 you can get those for rods and 4 sweepfire spinning reels to get u started. If u decide to upgrade later those can always be your spares. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

X3, my fishing partner bought 8 this fall, and put okuma line counter bait casters on them, and couldn't be happier.
    Waterboy1

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the pinnacle limit rods now for spider rigging and if/when you upgrade you can use the limit rods for longlining.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out current prices on poles coming from China. The last (2) years the prices have gone up 20 to 30 % per year. I have he HT Panfish in a fiberglass pole, great pole for the money. The 12 ft'rs are $13.95.

Monk Monk's Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a set of the Silstar Luxur rods and they are good rods for the money. I use them for my spares and on lakes without stumps, because they have a really fast action. Are the limits 100% graphite?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    I also have a set of the Silstar Luxur rods and they are good rods for the money. I use them for my spares and on lakes without stumps, because they have a really fast action. Are the limits 100% graphite?
    No they are fiberglass, heavy for jiggin but just fine to set in a holder.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast