HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 12/11/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 12/11/11

Name:  IMG_0476.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  53.1 KB
    Picture of a duck hunter turned winter crappie fisherman today, he called wanting to go to Grand Pass and I said lets go fishing. Put in at Bucksaw about 8 am headed upstream, crossed paths with bwillaub at about 30 cold miles per hour, had to be him! How many Auburn Tiger boats do you see at Truman?? First thought is I am to late he is done and leaving!!!!!!!! I'm not to sure he wasn't! Went up under the bridge and had a great day, two of us caught at least 3 limits by noon, ended with 30 dandy fish, biggest 13" or so, no real hogs! Talked to one guy that said they had really slowed down, that was 8:30am. I think Bob was leavingbanghead
    Caught em in the front of coves on transition banks going from 20 to 10 foot in short order, 10 to 12 ft down, seemed to be stuck to the trees! Half caught on BLK/Chart with chart nibble, and other half on plain minner! May your livewells be full of dandies:p:p:p:p:p

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Jerky. I think ole Bob jump over our way after not much luck over there.Sounds like you figured them out in short order though.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor is a duck hunter and I have switched him over yet but its gonna happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fish!
    Kevin Rogers-

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that's a pair of nice 'uns he's holding up!Thumbs Up Congrats on a good day of fishing.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great day for sure.........congrats on the limits!
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, jerkey. Yeah, Jack and I bypassed that little nugget and spent 2 hours being cold and fishless farther up river. We loaded the boat up and headed west. Put in at a little out of the way spot and broke 1/2 inch ice for about a mile and only managed 1 after all the ice breaking. Oh well, at least the ice was gone when we left. Loaded up and headed back east. Put in at Sparrowfoot and fished the bowl for a couple of hours. Almost swapped paint with Hog as I wormed my way into his back pocket. All is good tho. Wound up with 18 nice ones. Gave the fish to moqwack and his buddy Randy. I swear those two would starve if they only got to eat what they catch and shoot. I enjoyed the morning with Jack. Was a pleasure seeing and talking to Hog, Dunc, Terry, and Randy. Can't wait to do it again.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Was good seeing you all also.We was done in that little pocket so it was good to see ya move in and finish your day out glad we left ya some.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Jerkey!!

Post Thanks / Like

glad you figured them out,sure was a nice day out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast