Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pushing and Pulling Jigs???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushing and Pulling Jigs???

I have a small boat and usually fish alone. I find that when I am trolling crankbaits for crappie it is easier for me to pull two baits and push two at the same time. It's easier to keep baits from tangling. I was wondering if anyone ever does this with jigs when pulling jigs. I think it might be easier to push two on a shorter rod with heavy weights and to pull two at the same time using my PST rods. I think it would be easier to control than trying to pull four jigs at once. Anyone tried this?
    Thanks dad for teaching me to love crappie fishing!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I say do whatever works.Thumbs Up As long as you can get the jigs in the fishes faces they'll bite 'em.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I pull 4 sometimes but mostly 3. I never push crankbaits, if I snag grass pushing I risk snapping the pole or getting in a fix real quick. I do pull from the front of the boat 2 8' poles one out each side and I generally hold on to a 5' pole. Plus it wears my neck out looking at poles all over. I do pull 4 sometimes but only in deep water with long runs and big turns. Just hunting when nothing seems to be biting.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    i say do whatever works.thumbs up as long as you can get the jigs in the fishes faces they'll bite 'em.
    x2
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around