Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got beat

Post Thanks / Like

Default got beat

went to Pomme this afternoon and got my butt handed to me.(by my own child) a good friend was also in another boat and I had to listen to both of them ribbing me all afternoon about how many fish I was NOT catching.Had a good time so I'll try to redeem myself tomarrow.Wish me luck.:D

Post Thanks / Like

You'll get 'em next time .. you have the right attitude. I always say if you're going to get too worked up about a bad day fishing, you probably shouldn't be fishing in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awesome ben there dun that. But at least u got to go fishing and somebody had fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Right b-4 we got there ,there was 3 limits taking and the friend got his limit and my son was close to his and I got 5,musta pissed off the fishing gods.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good for the kid's ego to beat Dad every once in awhile....and gives him/her a little confidence too. It shows that they have been paying attention and will turn into one of your best partners.Thumbs Up My son (whom is grown now) beats me some but it doesnt come easy for him to beat the 'ole man either.:p
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billd2626 View Post
    You'll get 'em next time .. you have the right attitude. I always say if you're going to get too worked up about a bad day fishing, you probably shouldn't be fishing in the first place.

Well said Bill, I wish I would've had that philosophy when the B&M bit me back in the lip after gettin a lil to worked up!!! Chalk it up to live & learn!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterxs170 View Post
    Well said Bill, I wish I would've had that philosophy when the B&M bit me back in the lip after gettin a lil to worked up!!! Chalk it up to live & learn!!!!
    There's no reason you can't bitch about a rod kicking your butt .. you just shouldn't bitch about a fish not biting. :D

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny! The fight with the rod was not about the fish not biting, it was everything that led up to the tantrum I guess I felt I needed to have!!! It was all needless & I should've stayed in the shop tying!!!! It was just one of those days when everything I touched turned to S**T. Like I said "Live & Learn"
    Quote Originally Posted by billd2626 View Post
    There's no reason you can't bitch about a rod kicking your butt .. you just shouldn't bitch about a fish not biting. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    It's good for the kid's ego to beat Dad every once in awhile....and gives him/her a little confidence too. It shows that they have been paying attention and will turn into one of your best partners.Thumbs Up My son (whom is grown now) beats me some but it doesnt come easy for him to beat the 'ole man either.:p
    He's growed up and married and just lives to put it on the ol man,I've told him he should be better cause I taught him everything I know plus what he has learned on his own SHOULD hake him a better fisherman.I'll have to put it on him today or I'll never hear the end of it.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll get him today Dave. A rough day on the water makes those good days that much better. At least you are getting out with your son to fish and that is hard to beat and does not happen often enough. Good luck today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast