Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be careful!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be careful!

I pastor full time and was at church this evening working and got a call about a 19 year old boy that was fishing this morning and had a boating accident. They just called and said they found his body and today was his 19th birthday. I hate getting these calls. I have known this family for years and cannot imagine what they are going through! I thought I would post this and just say be careful out on the water! I myself get in a hurry at times and must say I have gotten use to running certain lakes and get a little careless! We all have loved ones waiting on us and sure wouldn't want my family or yours getting a call like this one! Please keep this family in your prayers.
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

I think we all are guilty of being complacent at times, thanks for the reminder. And Prayers sent for the young mans family.

Post Thanks / Like

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

That's sad. Guys we all need to think about this ESP us cold water fishermen. I try to tell myself if I do fall in I'm going to stay calm, try to swim to the boat and if I can't get rid of some clothes. I try to only wear the bulky clothes when I'm running from spot to spot.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

TJ Stallings posted once that while his Dad had a tackle shop, several of their customers were found after falling out of the boat, and many were found with their zippers down from relieving themselves. Complacency is a bad thing for us to indulge in this time of year with the water temps as low as they are. Running and paying attention to the details means coming back home in one piece. A 19 year old hadn't even begun to live and is now gone. I didn't know him and I feel a sense of loss. Terrible news. My prayers go out to the friends and family.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

prayers and thoughts to the family,,,

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers to his family. Let us know if there's anything we can do for them.
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My condolences to the fmiuly and friends. I think it has all already been said....just be extra careful and go that extra mile towards being safe out there especially during the cold water months.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent for the family and friends. I try to always stay alert as I fish by myself 99% of the time.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast