Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smokey Wild Hog Backstrap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smokey Wild Hog Backstrap

Well we went out last week got a few more hogs , one sow about 80 lbs and a boar about 110 lbs , Got so much hog I dont have room left in the freezer so this last few hogs I am having my nephew smoke up for me,
    I sent him over some backstrap last week from a prvious shoot and it came out great with a dry rub so what I dont give to the neighbors and rest of the family I am going to debone even the hams , but sure if I will debone the shoulders because ussually when you debone a shoulder its falling apart even before cookin so I will slow cook them on the grill.
    But He is bring the already smoked backstrap today and I am sending him home with about 70 lbs of deboned hams , backstrap and neck meat to smoke up for me , so if theres any left I will have to bring some to the slabfest in Januar if there any left....
    Might just cook a shoulder and pull pork the meat for samiches ,,,,Good eating
    Gary
    Name:  P3010025.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  49.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

oh man, that sounds great,,, love smoked meat....

Post Thanks / Like

Me toooooo
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This brings back some good memories. We useta hunt the hogs down around Christmas. Dogs only, no guns. Good eating, especially cooked on an open pit.

Thanks for sharing.

Angel
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I cooked a hind off a wild hog a month or so ago. Didnt really know what I was doing so I looked on the 'net for a recipe. Since I wasnt going to all that muich trouble I just cooked the ham in the oven and man was it good.Thumbs Up Pople tell me theyre a bit more trouble to skin than a deer but I said I'd shoot one if I saw it during the deer season since it was so good eating. Even though theyve been doing some rooting on the land we're hunting we havent see any yet though. Maybe it'll happen. We'll see.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.