Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Keowee nightstalking report 04/15/06

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Lake Keowee nightstalking report 04/15/06

I would first like to say that I am new to the forum but I have been reading threads for about a week and have learned many things. Thank you for your wisdom.

Saturday, a few buddies and I decided to try the crappie out on Keowee. We spent half the day searching stamp creek for underwater structure, ledges, etc. Our search ended with one decent looking area in the mouth of a cove in the northern end. We decided not to fish it due to the wind and tried our luck at the Hwy. 130 bridge(old wooden bridge with ravenous spiders everywhere). We arrived at dark and caught a few early. The bite picked up at 11 pm., after my buddies passed out(they finally calmed down about the falling spiders). In the next two and a half hours I caught eighteen crappie between 14 and 20 feet. Two were nice: 2.5 lbs, and 3.2 lbs. Our overall total was 20 crappie and 1 fairly nice bass.

Has anyone else located any attractive areas in the Stamp Creek area?

We are thinking about going to Hartwell next weekend. We have scouted Keowee river which looks good for any species of fish, but crappie may be low on the totem pole in that area. Any recommendations for Hartwell?

Post Thanks / Like

3.2 pounds? Sounds like a stud...Got any pics? I always like to see those true 3 pounders...

Post Thanks / Like

I fished hartwell last week. Was catching them in 3- 4 foot of water about 5-6 feet off of the stucture. The bite really started around 3 pm. I was fishing around Townville area out of a kayak. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

No Sac-a-lait, no pictures. We decided to just catch and release since we all had to be up bright and early for church. I do wish I had one of that slab though.

Thanks for the info SDS888. I'll let you know what happens.