Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Rod Holders

Here's a couple pics of my rod holders. I thought they turned out nice seeing I only have $500 in the whole boat, motor, and trailer, I thought that was good with the state the economy is in. We all know that money is tight, plus I have never lost a rod. I can adjust them by grabbing them and turning clock wise or counter clock wise. The angle can be adjusted by reclining in my seat, if I recline back it reduces the rod angle. I'm not really looking for pats on the back, just your honest opinion, I'm wearing my thick skin and I'm mature enough to handle negative opinions.

"I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. But just a thought that you may want them a little lower to the water as far as angle goes. Might use a 90 and cut a notch in the elbow to allow the rod handle to stick out a bit but small enough where it will not just let the rod slide out by accident. Not sure if I am making sense here or not but I like your idea so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Ten 4 it's a project boat. I only use it drifting for cats and night time crappie fishing. I need my rods kinda high for the cats so I guess I'll have to make do. It's not my main boat so it will have to work. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

don't see how reclining in your seat will change the angle of the rod, must be missing something. How did you mount it to the boat, looks like a driftmaster star base to me??
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    don't see how reclining in your seat will change the angle of the rod, must be missing something. How did you mount it to the boat, looks like a driftmaster star base to me??
    It is, I traded for those. When you recline it makes the my hull list, lol just a couple inches.

Post Thanks / Like

If it works for you it's fine by me.
    Allatoona Bandit