Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman 12-9-11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 12-9-11

Been a while since I posted anything here...been busy doing something, just not sure what!!! Been fishing quite a few times and have had good luck. Went this morning, alone, couldn't find anyone to go with me on short notice. Fished in 20-40' of water all day with good luck. Couldn't tell you exactly what depth as I was casting over drop offs. Ended up with 15 nice keepers and for the longest time, thought I had Truman all to myself! Saw 2 other boats and only 1 other trailer in the parking lot when I loaded back up. Fished about 4 hours and caught a few small ones too.

Quick question for anyone: Been fishing a long time and never surprised to see eggs in fish, however for some reason the fish I cleaned today were FULL of them....anything to that or what?

Also saw another Crappie.com member today...they passed me in Sedalia and honked at me. Couldn't figure out why they were honking until I saw the sticker on their back window. So hi, sorry I didn't get a wave in!! At least I hope they were honking because they saw the CDC sticker on the boat.....maybe I was in their lane??

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good day. They are building up some good egg sacks right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report,what part of the lake was you fishn

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

They are definitely building up the eggs right now....hopefully that means there are plenty of shad. Low food supply= poor spawn? Good food supply= AWESOME!!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know what thats all about but I've been catching crappie so full of eggs they had viens exposed. Hopefull it means a super good spawn. Way to go on the limit of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny I tried calling earlier

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so the eggs are building up for next spring? Wow, that's crazy!! I was Tebo arm. That's all I ever fish. I went to Bucksaw a couple times and got schooled on catchin' fish by the others in the tournament! lol Actually Tebo is just closest and I can almost always pull a limit out so I just go there. A couple of the fish I pulled out were so wide they looked like pigs, literally!! I hope the spawn is awesome next year!!! We personally only hit a few good days of it this year. We are going to give Bucksaw a try this spring during the spawn to catch some of those 30" fish you all talk about!!!

Post Thanks / Like

nice going, glad you got a mess, love the cold water bite, and the fish are the same in Stockton Lake also. must be a good year for the roses....