Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bethany Methodist Mens Crappie T

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bethany Methodist Mens Crappie T

The Bethany, IL United Methodist Mens Committee held their annual crappie tournament on Lake Shelbyville November 12. Fishing started at 7 AM and finished at 2 PM. There were 34 boat entries. Winning weight was 10 fish that were a total 7.14 pounds. Big Fish was 1.24 pounds for $175.00 which was actually the only keeper that team caught.

Will try to post some pictures on the brag board in next few days if they come out good.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default quite a few entries, good turnout

Ranger I think that would be neat to see some pictures
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger - did anyone say where the majority of the fish were caught - up in the rivers or out in the lake itself? Since the lake isn't producing that well I thought maybe they were doing better up in the rivers. I spent today putting up tree stands and cleaning up the old house on my son-in-law's property that we use as our deer camp. I squirrel hunted for 45 minutes and busted a covey of quail. I was so surprised, I didn't even get off a shot. However, they only flew 30 or 40 yards and landed around some brush. I walked up several birds and popped two of them with my single shot 410 squirrel gun. I've never gone two for two with my 12 guage Browning auto. I might have to start carrying that old 410 for my wingshooting.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Default browning is good

Hey Ken , what kind of browning auto do you have?
    Is it an old A-5 or a Gold? I love Browning guns even though I duck hunt with Bennelli Super Black Eagle.
    Last edited by PIGINTHEPIGPEN; 11-13-2004 at 11:52 PM. Reason: grammer
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

PIGINTHEPIGPEN - It is an old A-5 I bought new in 1968. I have never had an ounce of trouble with it.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Having trouble getting pictures to post on Brag board. Will keep trying. Think they are to much kb.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville