Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 12/9

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 12/9

Hit the LP docks for about 3 hours yesterday while I was "checking a job". : )

Unlike it has been the last few weeks, it was pretty tough! The larger fish are almost always moving in when the water dips below 50 but for some reason they just haven't done it this year. I can't really figure out why they have yet to come into the docks. Usually they wait until the shad get there but the shad are there now. Who knows.

I ended up with 10 keepers on a catch and release day. 9.5 times out of 10 the fish are suspended in the structure we put out but that was not the case today. The fish I caught were in 3-5' of water nowhere near any structure. I am guessing they were chasing shad around. Red and char Slab busters seemed to be best. Also caught 3 white bass around 2lbs which also told me the shad were in there. Most of the fish were 9.5-10.5 and I did catch a fair amount of 8.5-9's.

I will probably have to try it out again tomorrow afternoon after my sons soccer game. Maybe it will be better. Either way it sure beat working!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a pretty good time,,, one never knows about them fish, but I have always thought the daylight hours had a lot to do with it, maby some of the bigger schools of shad are still out from the docks,,,, anyway good luck next trip

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report. It's hard to figure these fish out. Sometime there's no rhyme or reason to em

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Good that you got out there and caught a few....I guess sometimes when the fishing is tough, it feels really good when you do get thumped!