Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magic Fish Scales

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Fish Scales

Wow. I was just surfing around the site looking at pics and it seems like I'm the one of the few that don't own a set of these scales. 3# crappie lol. I'm not really here to call anyone out but come on?? I have seen many broken hearts when "said fish meet cert. scales. I know pics can be deceiving but come on guys, just because it looks big, is long, or fat, etc. It's prob not as big as your $10 scale says it is. I know this sounds like a rant post but i thought we all might see the humor.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slabs Inc. I kinda agree with you but I have a set of mgic fish scales.....................in my little pea size brain. I can catch a 2lb crappie but it is always bigger by the time I get home and the longer the time the bigger they get.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you are fishing the wrong lakes. I know some exagerate, but Ga,Al,Fla, and definitely Mississippi produce 3 pounders every year. You can catch multiple 3 pounders in a day at Grenada, Sardis or Arbuktula. I once saw a 4 pounder weighed in at a Crappie Usa tournament on Neely Henry. I personally have caught fish over 3 pounds. Though, I too see alot of exagerating being done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    Maybe you are fishing the wrong lakes. I know some exagerate, but Ga,Al,Fla, and definitely Mississippi produce 3 pounders every year. You can catch multiple 3 pounders in a day at Grenada, Sardis or Arbuktula. I once saw a 4 pounder weighed in at a Crappie Usa tournament on Neely Henry. I personally have caught fish over 3 pounds. Though, I too see alot of exagerating being done.
    I know that those lakes can produce fish in the 2.6-3.5 range and bigger but.... Pics with length, girth measurements just don't add up to the weight they posted = Magic Scales."

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

cheerscheers
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not count out the Photoshop crappie pics. Lol. Those get me fired up. How about a balance beam with 1,2,3, and a .05 lbs. weight, then round up or down??

Post Thanks / Like

To each there own! I do not understand why people exagerate their catches. I have seen many 6-8 pound bass called 10+pounders and many hand size bluegills called 2 pounders. If you get a lunker you can have it certified on certified agriculture scales, with to none family member witnesses. I have a bass certified it was 26.5 inches long and a 22 inch girth. Have weighed one of my 3 pound crappie on certified scales at Whipperwill Marina on Talquin for a big fish pot, but never filled out the paperwork. I personally have not caught a 3 pounder in at least 5 years, but am not able to fish near as much.

Post Thanks / Like

They are called "straw" crappie. When you look at the picture or fish look on the bottom or the backside. Thats where the straw is, it's for blowing them up as big as you want. Some guys use valve stems but they're harder to hide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    Here's a 3.7 lbs a 3.4 lbs a 3.2 lbs a 2.7 lbs and a 2.5 lbs that I weighed on my scales that according to Cert. scales were off .2 lbs so reduce them all .2lbs... All caught at Arkabutla Lake, MS in mid OCT. this year :D

Name:  DSCN0323.jpg
Views: 4422
Size:  58.7 KB

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a fine mess of white crappie. Slab Inc. just saw the 4 pounder that you are talking about definitely photoshopped.
    Last edited by crappielimits; 12-07-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast