Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Cleaning Table

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Cleaning Table

I'm thinking about building a cleaning table/station and not sure what to make the top with. It will be outdoors so whatever I use needs to hold up to the weather and sun. I thought about using treated plywood but thought there may be some better options out there. I am planning on plumbing in a stainless sink aswell. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Daniel

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy gave me a section of corian countertop about 2ft square, I have it mounted on a piece of plywood that I place on my tailgate of my truck. Works for me.....,maybe you can can check at cabinet/countertop people to see if they have scraps to get rid of.

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Post Thanks / Like

My whole workbench top is made from a 1/2 thick piece of pvc sign board, available through an outdoor advertiser such as a sign company. It makes a good cutting board and a nice work surface, and it cleans up easily.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

I used pressured treated 1x4 for top and painted it. Has lasted for 15 years so far, sets out in weather year round.
    DR Fish

Post Thanks / Like

I use one of those white plastic picnic tables from walmart. you could cut out one side to put the sink in. I wish I could put a sink in mine. although i have thought of doing just that but as a simple water hook up, just run everything to a fitting for the waterhose. that way i can still move it around and wont worry about freezing in winter. course i also gotta find a sink...

Post Thanks / Like

I use an old ironing board with a piece of plywood on top...

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

The wife wanted a potting bench for her plants. So I found a sink that someone was throwing away. Ran the water supply under ground to the hose bib. She has a potting bench and I have a fish cleaning table. Got a 8" by 3' plexiglass I set on top.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

You could use marine grade plywood and cover it with nylon, delrin, or plexiglass sheeting, but I guess there might be less expensive alternatives...like an old ironing board. :o

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Iv got a couple. First is an old porcaline table top i used for ever. then I got
    Pro-Fillet Cleaning System | Bass Pro Shops
    built a little stand and iv cleaned hundreds of fish on it. Mine is 12 years old and holding up just fine. Its a great product and east to transport if you need and easy to store.
    API makes a plastic table with a sink that looks good also.
    If you are gonna leave it outside its gonna need some upkeep.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a sink but never used it so I gave it away. Since I fillet everyhing I didnt need it. Being as Elberton is called "the granite capital of the world" you can guess what my table is made of...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast