Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: senca river

panfisherman2328 Guest

Thumbs up senca river

anyone else fish the seneca river i fished it for an hour and a half and cought 20 big ones 10 to 12 inch crappie they were biting good hit me with a post if you fish the river or the little lakes around it like duck lake and otter.
    Last edited by panfisherman2328; 04-18-2006 at 04:42 AM.

panfisherman2328 Guest

Thumbs up caught more

:D went out yester day and caught 25-30 more and one big slob that was 14.5in and weighed 2.25lbs. it was a slob and it tasted good :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default seneca river

Give us Some details on how deep and where some spot are good to fish on the river. I understand not giving up the honey hole spots but mabye you could give out some other spots ? Where the launches are and details like that are alaways helpfull. Do you catch them into summer or just spring ? Never fished the river at all and I am curious . Thanks

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seneca River

Hey,

Check out a guy who goes by the handle "fishnfilet".....
    he's a big-time Seneca River (Cayuga Lake area) crappie hunter
    -- and a pretty successful one at that !

Kaptain K. .... out in the Bay ....

panfisherman2328 Guest

Default the launch

DWS i catch them up into the summer but mainly in the spring i fish at a depth of about a ft and a half deep. the launch is north of port byron on rt 38 there is a back channel on the other side of the main river go up that and all up through there u will catch fish. there is alot of colored people that fish it to there the ones that told me some of the spots . you go up the baack channel and there will be another one that comes off to the right go in there that is good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default seneca river

Panfisherman ,Thanks for the info .

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Default that back channel

across from the launch - where that wooden bridge is?

I've fished up and down the main river, but never tried back in there. I'll have to give it a go. I never thought about looking for slabs on a river - always thought of them as "lake" fish.

Parker's Pond, right outside of Meridian has a lot of crappie too. Problem is, all the articles you read about crappie fishing in the summer talk about wher to find them in water that is a lot deeper than anyplace on the pond (average depth is 6 feet). Once the spawn is done, we only happen to luck into one or two the rest of the summer. Fortunately there are plenty of Bass and Pike to keep us busy.