Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat dealers for Alumacraft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat dealers for Alumacraft

Hey guys, I know that I posted about getting a boat when I get out there already, but had a question. I am looking at fish and ski's for the most part (17 ft), family friendly and I can fish too. I will be living in the Warrensburg area. I know there is a G3 dealership out of Sedalia. I have also looked at the Lowe 175 FS, but it only has seating for 5, not 6. What I really like is the Alumacraft Dominators, Navigators and Competitors....are there any Alumacraft dealers in the area? I wouldn't mind a dealer that is at most an hour away in case there are any warranty repairs that need to be done, anything beyond that could be a pain in the arse. Any info would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to ask....as a general question. I consider myself pretty savvy as far as haggling for prices on cars....how is this handled with boats? How do I go about haggling a price on a boat I want? With cars it is easy as there is a ton of info on comparable pricing and such...with boats...not so much....

Post Thanks / Like

Default boats

I think you answered your own?. Stand your ground, and cash talks. No different.

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I'v e had a Starcraft Fish and Ski ( Superfisherman ) for some time and really like it. Very safe on rougher water. Good family boat. My 90 hp Mercury Opti Max pulls a skier well. It's lighter to tow ... aluminum. Middle of the pack price wise.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas in Kansas City, Kansas is closest. If you a Cabelas card member there can be some extra benefits as well. Know those guys well if you need a recommendation or introduction. And you're right the Navigator series is pretty popular.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Stand your ground, and cash talks. No different.
    Cash talks just like getting a loan, dealer gets paid either way. In some instances the dealer gets a kick back percentage wise of a loan. Not a huge markup on aluminum boats. Don't look to haggle thousands off an aluminum boat as you would a vehicle or the dealer will show you the door.

Post Thanks / Like

D & J Marine (Dave & John) in Oregon, Mo. They're a small dealer but they'll be competitive and John is a first rate mechanic and rigger. Tell them Mark sent you. I bought an Alumacraft from them a few years ago and love it. They're a little farther away from you but I'd at least check them out.